Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

While I don’t think you can look at the players that the other teams drafted with those picks, people will naturally go that route and I get it.  

If the Panthers took Stroud, I think people would say it’s a high price but worth it., Then again, Stroud probably wins an extra handful of games last season and that pick is not the #1 overall pick.  

So you can do the “what about it” all day long, but if you nail the player, especially a QB, then it is doubtful anyone questions it. 

Ok… but they didn’t nail the player so that doesn’t matter.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Ok… but they didn’t nail the player so that doesn’t matter.

Sure, but again, who is to say that they get the value with those picks?  That is why I am saying, you have to take out the players involved.  We gave up a franchise-altering deal for RGIII, but the Vikings in a sense didn’t get a huge return on that investment because of who they drafted.  Yet, we made a franchise-altering decision either way by parting with those picks  You can’t look at the players that the Bears drafted and think that the Panthers would draft the same ones.  

Eagles fans love to call Mike Mamula a bust because they gave up the picks that became Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks, but there is no guarantee that the Eagles even draft those guys.  And, if they took Mamula with their original pick anyway, he’d be considered a productive player with his five year stat line before he had to retire.