Nick Sirianni - How much credit does he get?

General Tso

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

No, I mean most of the game. Purdy went down in the 1st quarter, and then came in a geriatric street FA 4th stringer. 

Again…it’s not their “fault”, but they don’t get the credit that they’d get had Purdy been healthy. 

Purdy went down with 6 minutes to go in the 1st QT. QB Josh Johnson didn't go out until the 1st drive of the 3rd QT. 

Now what occured in the 2nd 1/2, was a joke! Unfortunate. Especially since SF #1 ranked Defense couldn't really stop the Eagles for those last 3QT's.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I think it's fair to look at them in both ways. On offense, yes they couldn't pass. On defense they were still an elite unit. 

Agreed, the offense did it’s job and then some vs an elite defense. I’d add that, IMO, the defense was really deflated by around halftime, but Philly gets full dues for that offensive performance.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Purdy went down with 6 minutes to go in the 1st QT. QB Josh Johnson didn't go out until the 1st drive of the 3rd QT. 

Now what occured in the 2nd 1/2, was a joke! Unfortunate. Especially since SF #1 ranked Defense couldn't really stop the Eagles for those last 3QT's.

It was what, their second or third drive when Purdy got hurt? Yeah, I’m not going to equate SF w/ Purdy anywhere close to SF w/ Josh Johnson. Let alone after the concussion. Johnson’s an old street FA that wouldn’t even be rostered if multiple QBs didn’t go down. 

They won the game so it doesn’t matter - but when people are in here talking about people shortchanging the Eagles (in particular their playoff run), I’m not sure how you ignore that. The posts boasting about how good they were at injuring QBs are even weirder.

• Like 1