The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

One thing that's really bugging me is our resigns are averaging over 32 years old and the players we are letting sign elsewhere are averaging around 26 years old. There has to lots of confidence in drafting (not my favorite Howie task). CJ would really help the averages right about now....

Edited by Shalodeep

CGJ

Wagner

Seumalo

Clowney

Ngakoue

Theilen

Parris Campbell

Adderley 

Hardman 

D. Foreman

Landry

Agholor

Mariota

Any chance we get any of these guys besides CGJ? Just briefly looked through the best available and there's still tons of sweet players. Way more then I listed too 

Wasn't sure which thread to post this in. Mod can delete one if it's an issue

6 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Oh I can tell lol. It's making it funny at this point. You keep bringing up no cap space n dead money and Howie just keeps doing cannonballs and splashing your table. He's a monster lol

He hasn't done anything yet.

He has re signed, out of necessity due to language in the contract that large guarantees would kick in if he didn't, Graham, Cox and Kelce.

He re signed Scott, the guy who has two good games a year against the Giants.

He signed Rashaad Penny, who has had more than 100 carries once in 5 season, and has played in 42 or 82 possible games.  He is also coming off a fracture tibia.

The only player he has agreed to terms with that will help for more than this season is Bradberry, and he will be 30 when this season starts.

I don't care if you don't agree with me, but we have lost 3 defensive starters, our second best player on defense ( Hargrave ) and resigned Kelce who will turn 36 this year, Graham who will turn 35 this year, and Cox who will turn 33 this year, and his play is in decline, and will be less impactful without Hargrave next to him.

We have done absolutely nothing to get younger, and have added additional dead cap next year by keeping three 30+ year old's.  It may work out, but more than likely it will not.

Once all the contracts come in, I will enlighten you how much 2024 and 2025 cap we used to only add 1 player to those rosters ( Bradberry )

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

He hasn't done anything yet.

He has re signed, out of necessity due to language in the contract that large guarantees would kick in if he didn't, Graham, Cox and Kelce.

He re signed Scott, the guy who has two good games a year against the Giants.

He signed Rashaad Penny, who has had more than 100 carries once in 5 season, and has played in 42 or 82 possible games.  He is also coming off a fracture tibia.

The only player he has agreed to terms with that will help for more than this season is Bradberry, and he will be 30 when this season starts.

I don't care if you don't agree with me, but we have lost 3 defensive starters, our second best player on defense ( Hargrave ) and resigned Kelce who will turn 36 this year, Graham who will turn 35 this year, and Cox who will turn 33 this year, and his play is in decline, and will be less impactful without Hargrave next to him.

We have done absolutely nothing to get younger, and have added additional dead cap next year by keeping three 30+ year old's.  It may work out, but more than likely it will not.

Once all the contracts come in, I will enlighten you how much 2024 and 2025 cap we used to only add 1 player to those rosters ( Bradberry )

He's just gonna do the same thing next year even with little cap. Gonna bring in a ton of talent and everyone on the outside is gonna be like "how is Howie doing this!!?"

I could careless about the future stuff because he's just gonna keep doing Howie stuff and making slashes. 

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

CGJ

Wagner

Seumalo

Clowney

Ngakoue

Theilen

Parris Campbell

Adderley 

Hardman 

D. Foreman

Landry

Agholor

Mariota

Any chance we get any of these guys besides CGJ? Just briefly looked through the best available and there's still tons of sweet players. Way more then I listed too 

Wasn't sure which thread to post this in. Mod can delete one if it's an issue

I'm okay with Mariota as the back up. Suggested that halfway through last season. I'm a fan of Minshew, but our scheme and his skillset doesn't match as well as. it would for Mariota 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Yeah between the two I obviously go Minshew but like you said it's a bad fit scheme wise unfortunately 

Minshew has the ability and the numbers to start somewhere. He can run normal schemes just fine. Can't do rpos and deep ball type schemes. 

• Like 1