The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

16 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Sanders did not play well in the SB, but let's not pretend like he wasn't a solid rb all season for us.  We don't need to be those fans that praise every newcomer on the Eagles as the 2nd coming of Christ and trash everyone that leaves.  That said, I'll take our collective RB room for less than the price of Sanders.  Paying RB's past their rookie contract is generally a really bad idea unless you have a truly elite RB.  Even then those guys are prone to peaks and valley's from over usage.  McCaffrey is front and center same as just about any RB that receives 300+ touches in a season.

I don’t like sanders. He was solid yet nothing special as a RB. I don’t trash everyone that leaves here. Don’t know why you generalized me with that but that’s not the truth. I just happen not to like him. And the SB performance was just the icing on the hate cake. And I feel the same way about RBs. Even if they’re great I don’t believe in giving them second contracts unless you’re in some rare situation where it makes sense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

Yeah I was never a big fan of Sanders. Had a great rookie year, but then always seemed to be hampered by nagging injuries, and he made a lot of poor situational awareness decisions. He was a home run threat with the ball in his hands though. 

And was a good receiver his rookie year, then regressed.