The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

20 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Sky Motor Cars!!!! The best thing they have going is their relationship with Greg Cosell.

Of course I read that with Merill's voice.

Yes, that's the best thing no doubt. I laugh when they make their "tale of the tape" episodes but they don't dissect any tape. Just an extension of the post game show.

4 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah they've done one training camp pod thus far when all the other pods have done one for each practice. Like you're either doing this or you're not. And I really value those guys opinions so that's why it angers me lol. Love hearing Solak talk football and Sheil too since he's blunt and honest. Kist and Solak was great yes. BWF is nice because they're honest and blunt too and they contrast each other well. I usually skip their BS at the end. ITB should be renamed ITS for Inside The Sponsors. That's literally like a third of their air time if not more. Adam goes off on way too many tangents and they joke about it but it's for real annoying and really takes up way too much time instead of actually covering the topics.

yeah they definitely don’t pump out content like some of the others.

I listen to Philly Special and BwF and that’s it. I just can’t with the others, BGN pod on occasions because I like Jimmy.

Ha, yeah ITB is such a hard listen. Like Mosher, but yeah the ads and Caplan make it a race to the skip time button.

7 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Of course I read that with Merill's voice.

Yes, that's the best thing no doubt. I laugh when they make their "tale of the tape" episodes but they don't dissect any tape. Just an extension of the post game show.

Another one that's not bad is the NBC Sports Philly one with Zangaro and Roob. Roob has some really crazy takes sometimes though.

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

yeah they definitely don’t pump out content like some of the others.

I listen to Philly Special and BwF and that’s it. I just can’t with the others, BGN pod on occasions because I like Jimmy.

Ha, yeah ITB is such a hard listen. Like Mosher, but yeah the ads and Caplan make it a race to the skip time button.

I've honestly been listening to a lot of JAKIB stuff on YouTube with John McMullen and Jody McDonald. They're on there every day with Birds 365 and have some really good guests.

15 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I've honestly been listening to a lot of JAKIB stuff on YouTube with John McMullen and Jody McDonald. They're on there every day with Birds 365 and have some really good guests.

Aren't JAKIB sports big homers? They seem like based on their tweets. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Aren't JAKIB sports big homers? They seem like based on their tweets. 

I don't listen to Sileo at all. Ellis, D Gunn and co. are homerish but keep it real enough for me. Mac and Mac keep it the realest imo so they're my guys.

19 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I don't listen to Sileo at all. Ellis, D Gunn and co. are homerish but keep it real enough for me. Mac and Mac keep it the realest imo so they're my guys.

Whatever happened to the original BGN Radio crew? John Barchard was a huge homer which obviously I didn't like, James Seltzer and Vince Quinn were alright, Jack Fritz I couldn't stand. 

9 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Whatever happened to the original BGN Radio crew? John Barchard was a huge homer which obviously I didn't like, James Seltzer and Vince Quinn were alright, Jack Fritz I couldn't stand. 

Barchard and BLG had some kind of big falling out or something and he moved on, idk where. Seltzer and ESP have their own pod called Go Birds radio. When there's nothing left to listen to I'll throw that on. Fritz voice annoys me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

i believe the radio station parent company decided not to renew with outside people. Barchard i guess didn't really fight it or worse, and led to the falling out with BLG. The radio station kept the feed the original BGN podcast was on and were holding onto the name for a little bit too, which was a big sticking point.

I'm a bit hazy but i think that was the gist.

17 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

i believe the radio station parent company decided not to renew with outside people. Barchard i guess didn't really fight it or worse, and led to the falling out with BLG. The radio station kept the feed the original BGN podcast was on and were holding onto the name for a little bit too, which was a big sticking point.

I'm a bit hazy but i think that was the gist.

But does Barchard still podcast? I believe he also left that one and that crew. 

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

But does Barchard still podcast? I believe he also left that one and that crew. 

Yeah he and Vince Quinn do Bell and the Birdmen podcast. Think they also video it and post it on youtube. They also have a discord that is very active with a lot of members if the forums arent busy enough for you.

Edited by UndyTaker
  • Like 1