The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Nah, Ojomo will beat him out. 

Jokes aside. I do think Ojomo has the inside track over the likes of Street. Tuipolotu and Ojomo will likely be the camp battle, and I have to give the slight edge to Ojomo at this time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Sheesh. I wonder how they got him to do this. 

Only had 1.5 guaranteed before the restructure. Now 3.5 guaranteed if we cut him, which should be immediately after his first penalty of the 2023 season, which will almost certainly occur on 3rd and long. Guessing week 4 or 5.

How much cap do we have now?
We'll end up trading for a LB by mid October, after Nick Morrow does his best impression of Kyzir White tackling in space.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Makes sense. Not exactly betting on himself there I guess but seems like he’s playing worse possible scenario. It’s a bad look if you ask me. But I’m not DB. 

Was he guaranteed to make this roster, honest question? Getting more guarantee now pretty much solidified that roster spot, No?

Unless he balls out in 2023, his old or current contract really doesn't effect FA.

If he plays all 17 gms, he makes an additional $4.25M. That 8.5M salary is stll attainable but at least now, he gets $2M more regardless of injury or cut. Smart actually. 🤷‍♂️

32 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Was he guaranteed to make this roster, honest question? Getting more guarantee now pretty much solidified that roster spot, No?

Unless he balls out in 2023, his old or current contract really doesn't effect FA.

If he plays all 17 gms, he makes an additional $4.25M. That 8.5M salary is stll attainable but at least now, he gets $2M more regardless of injury or cut. Smart actually. 🤷‍♂️

It is very likely he was making the roster if healthy regardless. Hopefully we can use him as a rotational DE on more obvious run downs. Just don't want him on the field on third down. He is a solid run defender, but a very mediocre pass rusher and obviously an absolute moron on 3rd and 5.

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Like I said, it makes sense. Didn’t really look at it that way considering he’s still fairly young. He can ball out and set himself up for a decent contract. Seems that he’d rather get the couple extra couple mill guaranteed over potentially earning himself more. And I’d imagine he’s in for the season regardless. He’s DE3 right? There’s not really much else without changing schemes, which I think they’ll do this year a lot to get the most talent on the field.