The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Putting way too much faith into Nakobe man. Just have to pray to God he's a gamer or we trade for somebody. Because he leaves a lot to be desired in terms of off season reports/vibes.

I want to believe it is because his forte as a MIKE is blitzing and that doesn't translate well to the type of camp we run, but yeah. Wish we didn't have so many blind spots in team building. 

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

I want to believe it is because his forte as a MIKE is blitzing and that doesn't translate well to the type of camp we run, but yeah. Wish we didn't have so many blind spots in team building. 

We're too binary in team building imo. I mean we've been good for a while so it's hard to argue against and I'm definitely a trench first guy. But my God, it's like they're trying to publicly troll LB's at this point.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 12:12 PM, Broadway Joe said:

He will be fine.  He's not going to impress in camp settings because his athletic traits are below avg for the position.  He showed why he was considered a legitimate top LB prospect once he got in game action albeit in a small sample size.  

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Watching the replay of the SB in NFLN. Don’t really know why I’m doing this to myself. And Miles Sanders was trash and I’m glad he’s gone. 

Still haven't watched a replay of that game. Thanks for reinforcing that decision.  🍺

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Still haven't watched a replay of that game. Thanks for reinforcing that decision.  🍺

It was actually kind of exciting because we have most everyone coming back on offense. Hurts and Brown and Smith are a terror. Can’t wait to see them this year. 

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Watching the replay of the SB in NFLN. Don’t really know why I’m doing this to myself. And Miles Sanders was trash and I’m glad he’s gone. 

Sanders did not play well in the SB, but let's not pretend like he wasn't a solid rb all season for us.  We don't need to be those fans that praise every newcomer on the Eagles as the 2nd coming of Christ and trash everyone that leaves.  That said, I'll take our collective RB room for less than the price of Sanders.  Paying RB's past their rookie contract is generally a really bad idea unless you have a truly elite RB.  Even then those guys are prone to peaks and valley's from over usage.  McCaffrey is front and center same as just about any RB that receives 300+ touches in a season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Aside from the fumble on the first play. You mean because of the sweep on 3rd and 1 he failed to convert?