The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

With the lack of depth, Howie should have thrown one of the multiple 5th round picks at one of these WR's

"Both Wideman and Wright are now considered free agents and can sign with any club."

If the Eagles are interested, they can schedule a visit. Not sure wasting a 5th just to secure the rights was worth it. No club did. 🤷‍♂️

These guys inevitably end up on the PS and are then poachable. I’d understand not spending the 5th. I’d love a Quez upgrade. We get a weapon there and the offense would be unstoppable. 

16 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's cute that every 49ers player from last years NFCCG honestly believes they would of won that game with a healthy Brock MF Purdy. 

Salty B*t***s!!!!

They were losing no matter what. I find that funny too. They really think he was beating us 🤣.

No chance in hell with that defense we had. Hurts would've been even more on also. We knew that game was over for most of that game

Still want us to sign Ioannidis.

Cox/Davis/Ioannidis/Carter/Milton/Ojomo

vs

Cox/Hargrave/Davis/Suh/Milton/Linval

Some of you probably don't want our top 10 pick stud DT prospect being #4 on the DT chart, but I wouldn't care. Injuries are going to happen, and I want another talented vet in there during the playoffs, ideally with more experience than Milton Williams. Kinda weird that Milton Williams is our most veteran DT after Cox.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

vs

Some of you probably don't want our top 10 pick stud DT prospect being #4 on the DT chart, but I wouldn't care. Injuries are going to happen, and I want another talented vet in there during the playoffs, ideally with more experience than Milton Williams. Kinda weird that Milton Williams is our most veteran DT after Cox.

Load up, rings iron out feelings. First year stud DTs are rare. Especially if they are going multiple, never hurts to have bodies in there.

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

vs

IDK, think I'd rather have Suh back personally. 

Right now I still am hoping for Yannick

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Danger said:

IDK, think I'd rather have Suh back personally. 

Right now I still am hoping for Yannick

I would be shocked if an agreement wasn't already in place with Suh or the intention on both sides known that he was to be added the minute any injury occurred at DT or by Week 10 at the latest. Which coincidently is our bye week!

Suh has no desire to attend TC nor play/travel a full 18wk season at this point IMO. He is and will be a 1/2 year SB contender type rental. Chasing rings. If approached seriously by another contender,  he'd give Howie 1st rights to match IMO if the Eagles are still among the favorites. . 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Hopkins is picking Tennessee lol. 

Not surprising in the slightest. No contender could remotely match those numbers. In the end, Money will always reign supreme!

He's not chasing a ring for 5M a year!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not surprising in the slightest. No contender could remotely match those numbers. In the end, Money will always reign supreme!

He's not chasing a ring for 5M a year!

I'm not shocked either from the reports. I'm just shocked as an ultra competitive person myself.. I'd want a ring desperately if I played as long as him and didn't have one. He's got enough money for a few lifetimes. If he's happy with just the money then good for him

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I'm not shocked either from the reports. I'm just shocked as an ultra competitive person myself.. I'd want a ring desperately if I played as long as him and didn't have one. He's got enough money for a few lifetimes. If he's happy with just the money then good for him

Mentioned this in the News thread. 

Honestly believe in his mind he thought all these "Contenders" would be knocking at his door, chopping at the bit to sign him. When absolutely none of that occured, he was like 🖕, I'm getting as much $$$ as possible. 

Tennessee probably wasn't even top 10 on his wish list, but with only two suitors and a OC you can't MF stand, really only left 1 true option. Makes sense.

He could chase a ring with a 1/2 dozen true contenders but not 1, including KC is guaranteed a SB in 2023. He chose the bag since monetarily offers weren't close.

• Like 1