Patriots sign S Jabrill Peppers (2 years)

RaidersAreOne

57 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Curiously how he played last year...Pats fans?

Wasn’t a huge contributor on defense, showed up a ton on special teams. Defensively I think he and Dugger/Phillips ideally fulfill similar roles, so his playing time might open up a little bit in the event one of the other two get asked to play more traditional safety roles in the absence of McCourty. 

I've never really understood Peppers. Ever since college he's felt like he's designed to play a position that doesn't exist. He was always getting praise for his versatility, but it seemed pretty obvious that rather than being versatile he was stuck between positions and didn't excel anywhere. Is that still the case?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I've never really understood Peppers. Ever since college he's felt like he's designed to play a position that doesn't exist. He was always getting praise for his versatility, but it seemed pretty obvious that rather than being versatile he was stuck between positions and didn't excel anywhere. Is that still the case?

Feel the same way about Deone Buchanan and Isaiah Simmons. One day the next generation of genius DCs will learn how to utilize these tweeners.

7 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Love this take