NFC South talk

foryoutube_oneburningquestion_nfcsouth_1

Thought we could create a thread where we talk about the Saints, Falcons, Panthers all in one.

Maybe we could get this pinned?

I really think that the Panthers are making a mistake if they take Bryce Young at #1. Buy hey 🤷‍♂️ good for us right.  I much prefer Stroud.

I think we better brace for Atlanta taking Bijan at 8. Aka we need Lavonte & Devin on their A game this year.

Also, all the Carr and Saints hype is meh, still don't think they are that good.

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

13 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

foryoutube_oneburningquestion_nfcsouth_1

Thought we could create a thread where we talk about the Saints, Falcons, Panthers all in one.

Maybe we could get this pinned?

I really think that the Panthers are making a mistake if they take Bryce Young at #1. Buy hey 🤷‍♂️ good for us right.  I much prefer Stroud.

I think we better brace for Atlanta taking Bijan at 8. Aka we need Lavonte & Devin on their A game this year.

Also, all the Carr and Saints hype is meh, still don't think they are that good.

If Bryce Young were 6-6'1, we'd be hearing how he might be one of the better QB prospects in the last 10 years. Hes a baller. I like Stroud too. Hoping rumors of them taking Levis are true lol 

Man, really like what the Falcons have added to their offense the last couple years. London at WR, Pitts at TE and Robinson at RB. All (3) have the ability to be in the conversation of the best at their position here soon. Add in a guy like Tyler Allgeier, who is a perfect compliment to Bijan and played really well as a rookie. There O-line is a stong unit too. 

If Ridder develops into anything of comptience watch out. 

7 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Man, really like what the Falcons have added to their offense the last couple years. London at WR, Pitts at TE and Robinson at RB. All (3) have the ability to be in the conversation of the best at their position here soon. Add in a guy like Tyler Allgeier, who is a perfect compliment to Bijan and played really well as a rookie. There O-line is a stong unit too. 

If Ridder develops into anything of comptience watch out. 

Yea hate to say it but I like what they are doing too

And now with Bijan & Bergeron they are trying to build a power running game

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I'm actually more concerned with Carolina. Say what you want about Matt Ruhle, they built a very young and talented roster through the draft then bulked up the OL last offseason via FA and draft. TE and Receiving talent may be lacking an elite #1 guy but had to surrender that for Bryce Young. 

Idk why but I'm really not all that concerned about Bryce Young 

I don't think he's going to pan out to be all that

18 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Idk why but I'm really not all that concerned about Bryce Young 

I don't think he's going to pan out to be all that

I mean he's 3 inches away from probably being considered one of teh better prospects in 10 years to come out at the position...the only concern was the height. Throwing over that Alabama OL that has NFL level bodies with out issue to me is fine. 

41 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I mean he's 3 inches away from probably being considered one of teh better prospects in 10 years to come out at the position...the only concern was the height. Throwing over that Alabama OL that has NFL level bodies with out issue to me is fine. 

I'm just not buying it

I thought Stroud was the clear QB throughout the whole draft process

I think Bryce will be decent in the end, but not worthy of #1 overall 

Everyone wants to crown QBs every year as the next big thing , and if he was a little bigger or taller or what have you,  put that **** back on the shelf CUZ I AINT BUYING IT 🤣

7 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I'm just not buying it

I thought Stroud was the clear QB throughout the whole draft process

I think Bryce will be decent in the end, but not worthy of #1 overall 

Everyone wants to crown QBs every year as the next big thing , and if he was a little bigger or taller or what have you,  put that **** back on the shelf CUZ I AINT BUYING IT 🤣

I loved stroud and probably would have only selected those two in the first if I needed a QB. I think both guys have high floors and potential to be elite. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 10:39 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Maybe I'm just hopeful, but if Baker plays for us like he did for the Rams at the tail end of last season, I think we have a decent shot at winning the division

all these other NFC South teams are just as bad as we are imo

I think Atlanta would win this division if they prioritized the QB position honestly. Ridder is probably the worst QB in this division lol which is Carr/Baker/Young (hasnt played a down) . Baker should enter the season as the Souths second best QB unless  Young comes in and plays above an inexperienced QB level. 

Honestly - we do have a shot to win the division. Carolina entered 2022 lacking weapons around QB. They enter 2023 in a similar state , but their OL is strong. So is NO and Atlantas. Ours is still suspect outside of Wirfs and Jensen. 

It's still relatively open, but I think New Orleans might win this division to be honest. Desmond Ridder will hold Atlanta back significantly. Carolina - depends on Youngs development. Tampa : I'm unsure. 

15 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I think Atlanta would win this division if they prioritized the QB position honestly. Ridder is probably the worst QB in this division lol which is Carr/Baker/Young (hasnt played a down) . Baker should enter the season as the Souths second best QB unless  Young comes in and plays above an inexperienced QB level. 

Honestly - we do have a shot to win the division. Carolina entered 2022 lacking weapons around QB. They enter 2023 in a similar state , but their OL is strong. So is NO and Atlantas. Ours is still suspect outside of Wirfs and Jensen. 

It's still relatively open, but I think New Orleans might win this division to be honest. Desmond Ridder will hold Atlanta back significantly. Carolina - depends on Youngs development. Tampa : I'm unsure. 

I'm in the same boat. I think Atlanta has the best roster top/bottom in this division, but they're QB situation drops them back down to everyone else's level. If Ridder is anything at all, I think they're sitting pretty. Carolina is very similar, they've added good talent, but they're going to have the rookie QB lumps that come.

New Orleans is that team that is either gonna be pretty good or pretty bad, don't think there is a real in between with them.

4 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I'm in the same boat. I think Atlanta has the best roster top/bottom in this division, but they're QB situation drops them back down to everyone else's level. If Ridder is anything at all, I think they're sitting pretty. Carolina is very similar, they've added good talent, but they're going to have the rookie QB lumps that come.

New Orleans is that team that is either gonna be pretty good or pretty bad, don't think there is a real in between with them.

The difference between Atlanta and Carolina is despite Young being a rookie, he'll be much better than Ridder. Honestly, I saw no upside in Ridder in the 2022 draft as a prospect. I didn't see anything that showed he was even better than Mariota last year lol. So I'm not sure what Atlanta is thinking....maybe they can win with Heiniken? lol 

Agree on the Saints. I don't know what to think of Carr. I think he's better than the treatment he got last year but also not worth that salary so understandable why the raiders got out of that contract. I still like their OL and defense and Olave is a beast at receiver but thats about it. 

• 3 weeks later...