[Round 3; 76th Overall] Patriots select - Marte Mapu - LB/S - Sac st

Hunter2_1

9 hours ago, Soko said:

Mapu might be a little redundant on the roster with Dugger/Peppers around. Have to wonder how he’ll be used with how much this team seemed to like/rely on Tavai last year, and obviously JB is a staple too. 

If he could be even remotely the Swiss Army knife that Hufanga’s become, then there could be something there. Bit of a reach, but forgivable given the first two picks.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Maybe he used the third round for his athletic DB flier pick, instead of second this time. 

sucks that Washington and some useful tackles were there though

I’m still holding out for Freeland/Jones at tackle. 

More of a LBer, no? Shrug. Mack Wilson and Kwon didn’t work out as athletic LBers last year, it’s no wonder Bill’s still looking to fill that void. Have to wonder if they plan on using Phillips and/or Dugger as more traditional safeties, given who else is on the roster.

Marte Mapu, LB, Sacramento State 

I hate this pick and it has nothing to do with the player.

It's another draft screw up by BB.  A complete reach (risk) while offensive skill players that are sorely needed are there for the taking.  BB could of traded up or picked one.

Below is the reason why I give this pick a --- F

One example.

Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma

2nd Round, No. 63 overall (from Kansas City via Detroit)

The Lions received No. 68 and No. 139 in exchange for No. 63 and No. 183.

There is no way you can convince me this was a major miss by the Pats.

IMO this was a head scratcher. It's another BB  " What the f--- pick !!!!!!

Sean Payton  who many considered one of the best offensive mind in the game traded up to get him for peanuts !!!!!   So i trust his judgement when it comes to offense talent. 

Our offense has been horrible post Brady and what does BB do, take a flyer on a small school box safety a position that we don't need compared to the holes on the roster. 

While I love the 1st two picks

This reach feels like a kick in the nuts !!!!!!!!

Couple thoughts rolling (rocks) around in my head.

The Pats will not take any offensive talent til late in the draft if any at all.

They won't take any WR in this draft. Even with the 4th and 6th RD surplus.

This is another way to stick it to Mac Jones !!!!!  If you think its BS, Meyers and Hoyer would like a word with you !!!!!!

Note

@Hunter2_1 mentioned that Mapu is coming off a injury if that's the case, why not Washington??????  The Steelers took him. I trust them there judgement when it comes to offensive talent so much more that the Pats.

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I don’t like the pick. I don’t care if he breathes football. We have so many of him, we needed tackles, it’s a reach, I’ve never heard of him - which doesn’t mean he isn’t a good player, but it feels very reachy

I hate the pick. We had other major needs and a ton of picks and could target any player. Teams were trading picks for peanuts and BB takes a CC player that many claim had a good week at the shine bowl. I don't care if he walk on water at these exhibition that shows little.   Take a look at some of the players picked just before him. Check out the Sims deal, peanuts. Based on the trades in this draft a  (guess based on the other trades like the Pats and Broncos) 6th would be enough to move up in the 3rd. 

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/picks/66/3/2023

Speaking about trades.

How do you feel about BB trading with the Steelers. He traded the pick and the extra 4th should of been a 3rd based on the charts. Many say he did it to screw the Jets.

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2023/04/did-bill-belichick-stick-it-to-the-jets-with-draft-day-trade.html

Here my many thoughts on the trade.

1. Was it best for the team or BB

2. I love that he screwed with the Jets

3  Did he get better offers for the pick.

4.  I don't care about value take the trade if its the best offer.

5.  This bothers me, has he done this before EX Jimmy G and the 2nd RD pick, what did the Browns offer or other teams. This would be a major problem.

This time I go with the screw the Jets, no harm no foul.  We got the best player out of the deal. Ha Ha ... Screw the Jets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!