Off-season thoughts, another trade coming?

rlon

I was very young in the 1970s, but I have never seen such a comprehensively solid Steelers’ off-season as what we have seen thus far this year. I liked our off-season last year, but I absolutely love it now. I am not a rah rah poster, but rah rah. It’s been very impressive, and this is the window to build a Super Bowl team, right now. More and more, you see that organizational success tends to parallel franchise QBs on a rookie contract, before the second contract’s cap hit limits the FO’s ability to do more than maintain. Not certain, but I see the remaining possible draft positions, in no particular order, as:

Edge/OLB

Nickel Corner

Center

Athletic, Coverage Capable LB 

SS

Speedy RB

3rd QB?

NT

Deep threat and/or slot WR

Finally, if there is a trade, I feel it is likely to involve Witherspoon and/or Dotson. I’d love to see them send both, along with a 7th, to a team for their 5th and 6th rounders. 

5 hours ago, rlon said:

Finally, if there is a trade, I feel it is likely to involve Witherspoon and/or Dotson. I’d love to see them send both, along with a 7th, to a team for their 5th and 6th rounders

all for this.  I said it before the draft that trading down and getting picks could help address needs and depth at EDGE is a major issue currently.   If Oli is there later, that could be a steal and the C for the future.  These picks in RD 5 and 6 can be good, not all RD6 picks end up being AB on or off the field but are still good to have.  

If they can't trade Witherspoon, so they still draft a CB? I would hope they can get Phillips , Bennett or THT  but EDGE is a must and then see whats left. 

EDGE is a must and they can't miss here as we remember what happened last year

CB   2 CB's  was what I had hoped for from this draft. Blackmon is gone but Rush , Phillips , Bennett , Mitchell and THT are still there

QB would be good to have for QB2 future  (Tune) but might need more picks, legit QB too , not pick 251 or UDFA.  They better not keep mitch long term

C   Herbig  and Daniels can play C, so this probably isn't on their list this year . They might wait a year but what a lost opportunity this   year with some of these C being there mid rounds

LB will have to wait, the signings we had in UFA helped but didn't solve this

WR Higgins could be there late for slot, or BFW as well for a bit of speed/height

NT they have a few on the roster and don't use NT that often anyways plus they drafted Benton early.  Fehoko/Benton  Cam/Larry thats a good rotation and depth chart

SS would be good , wait and see 

Lots of needs here still, but with the new FO drafting and being active in UFA, this team will be in good shape sooner than later.  Much better and this good draft can't be blamed on rookie QB deal either btw ;)

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I’ve been thinking the same. He’s on a decent contract. He’s young. He’s athletic. We’d need someone to play RT, though. I don’t think Moore ever has.

IIRC Chuks was strictly left side coming out. Not saying it’s an easy transition. But I felt like Dan Moore would have a little bit more success over there.