OTA's/Training Camp Thread

21 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

So one piece i did catch via twitter is while baker has thrown more picks, hes made more plays than Trask. 

Interested to see how this week plays out and weeks 1 and 2 of preseason. However, I'm more convinced we don't have a legit starter than having 2. yikes

Feels like that way to me. Most of the "highlight" plays coming out of camp are from Baker, but you hear more about him throwing picks. To me, it sounds like he's forcing things downfield and either scoring or getting in trouble, while Trask is just taking the easy stuff underneath and not trying to take risks. 

IDK which one is the better option right now. For Evans' 1K streak, it's probably Baker. 

17 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Feels like that way to me. Most of the "highlight" plays coming out of camp are from Baker, but you hear more about him throwing picks. To me, it sounds like he's forcing things downfield and either scoring or getting in trouble, while Trask is just taking the easy stuff underneath and not trying to take risks. 

IDK which one is the better option right now. For Evans' 1K streak, it's probably Baker. 

I think Baker still gets the nod and starts week 1 unless he completely bombs in the preseason

i think the Trask hype early is a bit overblown

• Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 9:43 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I think Baker still gets the nod and starts week 1 unless he completely bombs in the preseason

i think the Trask hype early is a bit overblown

From what i'm seeing, the only hype around Trask is he didn't throw as much picks in camp, but picks in camp could be overblown. Flacco was throwing multiple picks a day the year they won the super bowl and he was never an INT machine. 

Practice is the time where you cut it loose and see what you can get away with. Baker is working with his best surrounding weapons at WR in his career (who arent divas) so I think he wins the job. Idk if thats going to result in a great season but I don't think the competition is as close as the guys like Rick Stroud are making it out to be. Pewter Report and JBF seem to say its Baker highlighting that Trask has improved since last year, but thats not saying much either.