Madden SUX thread

Ty21

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Should be a base game with DLC annually in the form of rosters, but otherwise they keep building and enhancing one version instead of redoing it each year. Give it 5 year gaps - one year with release and 4 years DLC support. Get your microtransactions with new rosters each year, but allow everyone to have the same improvements.

100% agreed.   Even 3 year gaps would be decent.

I always laughed when I heard Madden lead developers and fanboys make excuses about short development windows and saying there is only so much they can do in an 6-8 month window.    While in reality, its a valid excuse for the game itself, the excuse ultimately means nothing when you consider...

a) Despite being a short development window that restricts them from making major changes, they still charge the full $70 every single year (more for special editions)...the same price of amazing games that have 5+ years of development time.

and

b) This issue could easily be fixed if not for said greed, by doing as we just suggested.    However, I dont ENTIRELY blame EA (although they are major part of it).     The NFL's contract with EA REQUIRES them to make a game EVERY SINGLE YEAR.   So even if EA wanted to go that direction, they couldnt, because the NFL is just as bad as EA and just as responsible for the state of videogame football and sports in general.

Supposedly, the NFL is very much considering opening up the NFL license again, but I remember hearing that before like a decade ago, and, well....we know how that went.   Its the only chance we've got, though.   EA will never do what needs to be done to really fix this game.

• Like 1