Top 15 Rosters in the NFL of players 25 years old or younger:

Ozzy

On 7/15/2023 at 2:14 PM, Ozzy said:

It will be interesting with Ridder.  Taylor Heinicke had that one season where he had almost 3500 yard season and 20 TDs.  Not sure Ridder is all that much better than Heinicke, and is clearly way less experienced as a starter compared to Heinicke.  

Even Baker Mayfield is lucky to have a job in the NFL with the Bucs who are QB desperate, but he had what three straight 3500 yard seasons and 20+ TDs early in his career, now is close to just a backup unless he can resurrect his career in Tampa.  Granted that was with a Browns team that had a stacked roster especially on the OL and RB/TE groups.  

Is Ridder that much better than Mayfield?  I would say no, so I would not be shocked if they are in search for another young QB come next years draft but we will see.

Again, Heinicke isn't going to start this year unless Ridder is hurt. Ridder is the guy they're riding with. And it wouldnt shock me to see Ridder put up 3700 yards, 25 TD and 12 INTs with another 300-400 in rushing yards and 2-3 rushing TDs. The Falcons roster and offense is designed around the players strengths and with guys like Pitts and London abusing the seams and the mid-range play-actions and turning those into big gains, I think Ridder is much better than anyone realizes this year.