Sign in to follow this  
Mr. bDoDDleS

Hurney fires pro personnel directer Mark Knocz

Huh. Honestly have no idea what to make of this unless perhaps there was tension in the ranks because the guy who promoted him just got fired.

Just feels weird to have Hurney making moves. Obviously he can't do nothing, but still it just feels a little weird.

34 minutes ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

Just feels weird to have Hurney making moves. Obviously he can't do nothing, but still it just feels a little weird.

I didn't think he'd be making these type of moves as interim GM. Changing the structure of the organization like this, which is something a full-time GM would do. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

I didn't think he'd be making these type of moves as interim GM. Changing the structure of the organization like this, which is something a full-time GM would do. 

Yeah, that's what's so concerning. Obviously you need your interim GM to have some sort of power/authority, otherwise he'll just be a lame duck, but big picture changes like this aren't what you'd expect from that.

1 minute ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

Yeah, that's what's so concerning. Obviously you need your interim GM to have some sort of power/authority, otherwise he'll just be a lame duck, but big picture changes like this aren't what you'd expect from that.

I'm pretty sure JR had to sign off on this type of move, but who knows. I've always liked JR, but these moves are concerning to me. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

I'm pretty sure JR had to sign off on this type of move, but who knows. I've always liked JR, but these moves are concerning to me. 

Ultimately I just don't want to see anything that makes it look like Hurney could wind up as the full-time GM.