The Road to 53: The Birds cut the dead weight

EaglesPeteC

53 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Another guy the Eagles could workout tomorrow.

I'm starting to believe Howie is playing the numbers game, Sippos has already been told he will be promoted from the PS week1 with 3 weeks to prove it. Keeping said roster intact. 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Can we just love Nolan Smith and hope he pans out how we expect? Lol

Who cares if he's not like Parsons. I hope he makes his own name

Agreed. I don’t expect Nolan to have the same production starting out (or even close) to what parsons had but I do think he will be a very good player. Right now I’m just excited to see nolan as a really good depth piece. Reddick can go sit down and we will still have a good player out there that can make plays.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm starting to believe Howie is playing the numbers game, Sippos has already been told he will be promoted from the PS week1 with 3 weeks to prove it. Keeping said roster intact. 🤷‍♂️

I’m hoping howie is just making it sound like siposs has a job as bad as that sounds. He doesn’t want siposs to know he’s looking for his replacement before he actually has an agreement with said player.

1 minute ago, Jays3 said:

I’m hoping howie is just making it sound like siposs has a job as bad as that sounds. He doesn’t want siposs to know he’s looking for his replacement before he actually has an agreement with said player.

I'd agree if Mann was already signed. However by signing Mann it means "Player X" has to be released and most likely scooped up by another team.

I think Howie is trying to get as close to the season opener,  rosters already filled before A: promoting Siposs  or

B: Signing another punter

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'd agree if Mann was already signed. However by signing Mann it means "Player X" has to be released and most likely scooped up by another team.

I think Howie is trying to get as close to the season opener,  rosters already filled before A: promoting Siposs  or

B: Signing another punter

Fwiw, I still think Derek Barnett will be traded. That would open a roster spot.

13 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Ozzie is not an Eagles fan, he doesn't have to love Nolan Smith nor hope he pans out as you expect. 

For my part, I'll love him when he is good, not because he's on my team. I sure hope I'll get to that, but won't go about defending him just yet. 

Well that sucks for Ozzie

Don't need to defend him. Just let him develop then before marking him for death

9 hours ago, Jays3 said:

Agreed. I don’t expect Nolan to have the same production starting out (or even close) to what parsons had but I do think he will be a very good player. Right now I’m just excited to see nolan as a really good depth piece. Reddick can go sit down and we will still have a good player out there that can make plays.

Seems more like Reddick imo. Like you said when Reddick sits we should be in good hands

If Sippos wasn't the plan week 1, he wouldn’t be on the PS and Howie would of signed another Punter by now. If for nothing else to get him in the building and working with Jake as his holder as soon as possible. 

We got excited for nothing. 

Week 1 PS pull ups

P Sippos / PR Covey

Talent aside, it's actually a brilliant manipulation of the 53 man and not losing a Goodrich,  Ricks, ect....

Edited by Nabbs4u

If even two of these pan out in the coming years given where they were drafted and or how we acquired them that would be huge moving forward.  

• Eli Ricks 21 y/o
• Josh Jobe 25 y/o
• Kelee Ringo 21 y/o
• Isaiah Rodgers 25 y/o 

Edited by Nabbs4u

39 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If even two of these pan out in the coming years given where they were drafted and or how we acquired them that would be huge moving forward.  

• Eli Ricks 21 y/o
• Josh Jobe 25 y/o
• Kelee Ringo 21 y/o
• Isaiah Rodgers 25 y/o 

I vote for Ricks.  Just got an autographed card of him.

• Like 1