Who would you take in their primes. Champ Bailey or Terrell Owens

mdonnelly21

18 members have voted

1. 1. Starting A Team From Scratch Who Would You Take

• Terrell Owens
    • Champ Bailey

13 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

I would love to hear you breakdown that. Interesting when you discuss Stabilizing the position. 

What that sounds like to me, is you don't have to be the best, but very solid on a consistent basis. 

Almost like Aquib Talib has done for the past 8 years or so....

Aquib fits the position stability from the “talent” side of things. But I like to consider 3 components:

1) Talent 

2) Durability

3) Multiple long term contracts

If a guy gives you those three things, as long as his level of play falls within reason, I think he’s an invaluable member of the team. I forgot to mention Haloti Ngata in my earlier post. The elite names everyone knows like Troy P (Pitt), Tom Brady (Ne), and Peyton Manning (Indy). But just as important are the cusp players or the solid players. Guys like Rod Smith (den), Eric Weddle (SD), Roberts Mathis (indy), Mike Vrabel (Ne). Generally the players are good enough to at least make the pro bowl and therefore are rewarded a second contract, but they don’t always have to be the elites. Guys like Weddle and Mathis people know about but have usually been overshadowed by other stars in the league or even on their own team.

Teams with enough of those types of players always seem to win championships. At the very least are consistent playoff contenders. Teams where they’re always searching for the next big thing always seem to fail. Not every player can be elite. But if enough players believe their franchise has their back as if they are, they’ll convince others to trust in the organizations vision vs simply playing for a paycheck. Vision wins championships not money. Though money sometimes helps with the vision.

So yeah, I’m taking Champ Bailey. ?

Archived