Deion Sanders V Randy Moss

mdonnelly21

Deion Sanders V Randy Moss Who are you taking?   

46 members have voted

1. 1. You have the First Pick Who are you taking from these players? (Complete New Fresh Roster)

On 9/23/2023 at 9:05 PM, Nabbs4u said:

As great as Deion was and would still be in today's NFL, his pulling, tugging and hands he loved to use back then would be flagged constantly if playing today. 

It's been a long time since watching him but I don't remember a lot of physical play from him. His makeup speed is unmatched from anyone I've seen play. He seemed to bait more than he locked down. He seemed to want a QB to challenge him.

He was also one of the worst tacklers I've ever seen. One of the greatest returners ever.

Moss was the more complete player and a freak in his own right but I think Deion was an even bigger freak with his speed.

Sanders also had 67 targets one season as a WR. Moss only played DB on a hail mary.

I don't know who I would pick. Probably Moss but Sanders also put points on the board so tough call.

16 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It's been a long time since watching him but I don't remember a lot of physical play from him. His makeup speed is unmatched from anyone I've seen play. He seemed to bait more than he locked down. He seemed to want a QB to challenge him.

He was also one of the worst tacklers I've ever seen. One of the greatest returners ever.

Think you misunderstood my post. Deion was allergic to tackling,  would damn near avoid it all costs. When I said

his pulling, tugging and hands he loved to use back then would be flagged constantly if playing today. 

I wasn't talking about his physicality but what he got away with on a daily, game by game basis because,  He was Deion Sanders!

You rarely saw him get called for PI, it was just universally excepted by most Refs, that it was just great coverage. 

Today's NFL you can't breathe on a WR in a negative manner or PI is called. Different Era's.

Edited by Nabbs4u

26 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I wasn't talking about his physicality but what he got away with on a daily, game by game basis because,  He was Deion Sanders!

You rarely saw him get called for PI, it was just universally excepted by most Refs, that it was just great coverage. 

Today's NFL you can't breathe on a WR in a negative manner or PI is called. Different Era's.

I watched him more when he was a Falcon and he didn't seem very handsy. May have changed towards the end of his career.

Stars still don't get DPI very often.

Goes with the territory. You look at Michael Jordon wrong and you were whistled. Barely touch Brady and it was a flag. Greg Maddux missed the corner by 3 inches...strike.

Some say it's earned but that doesn't make sense to me. Call what you see.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic. I'm sure Moss got away with a lot more push offs than some Joe Shmoe.

On 1/19/2024 at 3:02 AM, Football_Bachelor08 said:

One catch in the second half/OT of the '98 NFC Championship 

2000 NFC Championship. Basically gave up in the 1st quarter

Last game as a Viking, he had fewer receiving yards than Freddie Mitchell.

94 total yards in the '07 playoffs after averaging 94 per game. Clamped in the Super Bowl by someone who wasn't even starting for most of the season. The Patriots made the Super Bowl pretty much in spite of him.

Overall playoff production is underwhelming to say the least

If anyone deserves to be blamed for that '98 NFCCG loss, it should be Gary Anderson, not Randy Moss.  Moss led the team in receiving yards and had a touchdown.  How about Cris Carter?  Maybe you should be asking about him. 

In that '07 game, he made the go-ahead score with 2 minutes to go.  His catch would have sealed the game if the Patriots defense could have just kept Eli Manning from moving the entire length of the field to score.

This business that he didn't show up in playoff games is pretty crazy.  How about the playoff game against the Packers in 2003 where he mooned the Cheeseheads? 

K03dfZX.jpg

9 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

If anyone deserves to be blamed for that '98 NFCCG loss, it should be Gary Anderson, not Randy Moss.  Moss led the team in receiving yards and had a touchdown.  How about Cris Carter?  Maybe you should be asking about him. 

In that '07 game, he made the go-ahead score with 2 minutes to go.  His catch would have sealed the game if the Patriots defense could have just kept Eli Manning from moving the entire length of the field to score.

This business that he didn't show up in playoff games is pretty crazy.  How about the playoff game against the Packers in 2003 where he mooned the Cheeseheads? 

K03dfZX.jpg

That's nice. He still only had one catch in the 2nd half and OT combined against Atlanta. Blame the kicker if you want, Moss vanished when the game got tight.

His catch rate in the Super Bowl was atrocious. New England wins by double digits if he hadn't waited until the 4th to finally do something.

On 1/19/2024 at 3:02 AM, Football_Bachelor08 said:

One catch in the second half/OT of the '98 NFC Championship 

2000 NFC Championship. Basically gave up in the 1st quarter

Last game as a Viking, he had fewer receiving yards than Freddie Mitchell.

94 total yards in the '07 playoffs after averaging 94 per game. Clamped in the Super Bowl by someone who wasn't even starting for most of the season. The Patriots made the Super Bowl pretty much in spite of him.

Overall playoff production is underwhelming to say the least

Interesting why people still think he's the greatest to ever do it. 

I think you can make a case for T.O over Moss for that reason. He broke that Patriots defense with one leg in the SB.