Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Sure but that’s speculation, coming from someone who already disliked the coach. So you’re looking for things to go wrong. Would you say that’s fair?

what if it was APs decision to have Maxx and DA lead a players meeting? 

What if it’s AP asking players for their input? 

You’re saying players already losing faith in him, but I haven’t heard anything of that yet. 

id rather them address this week 3 then put it off till week 15.

i understand some want to tank, and I get it as a fan, but we have 2 players in DA and Maxx that just won’t allow it IMO.

they hate losing

This while they like ap and graham getsy is the outsider 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

one of the things I hated most about Carr, was he was a yes man for the OC. He was team captain, here for 9 years, he had the power to override calls at the line but wouldn’t. Minshew as a journeyman qb in game 3 doesn’t have the same standing here, but I wish he would’ve adubiled out of the run run pass routine. 

My recollection was that Carr was pretty damned good at line adjustments,...literally upper tier. It got his juices flowing. But he got yoked and then yoked again harder as we turned coaching over. Him NOT having that option was a major problem, IMO.

I'd also say that our set of new HC, new OC, new QB and rookie QB, with an OL that's struggling, and only 3 games in, really isn't the time for a lot of checking opportunities. These guys are trying to figure out what to do with a play call. You can't check out of a play you don't understand, nor mentally leaf through a selection of plays (while 300lb guys are getting ready to dismember you for a mistake), if you don't have it down, and understand it.

I agree completely that Minshew needs some slack to create, POST snap, but his eyes are not the eyes of a guy that needs to be making a lot of PRE-snap adjustments.

Edited by LongJonSilver

1 hour ago, LongJonSilver said:

My recollection was that Carr was pretty damned good at line adjustments,...literally upper tier. It got his juices flowing. But he got yoked and then yoked again harder as we turned coaching over. Him NOT having that option was a major problem, IMO.

I'd also say that our set of new HC, new OC, new QB and rookie QB, with an OL that's struggling, and only 3 games in, really isn't the time for a lot of checking opportunities. These guys are trying to figure out what to do with a play call. You can't check out of a play you don't understand, nor mentally leaf through a selection of plays (while 300lb guys are getting ready to dismember you for a mistake), if you don't have it down, and understand it.

I agree completely that Minshew needs some slack to create, POST snap, but his eyes are not the eyes of a guy that needs to be making a lot of PRE-snap adjustments.

Carr was good at in line adjustments when he did them, but I dont think he did them nearly enough. I dont think JMD allowed him to do them at all etc. 
-
just seemed like we went every drive as run run pass.. tyring to hard to establish the run game.
just wish Gardner would audible to a pass, and show that passing can actually help out the run game too.