QB Mark Sanchez
WR Dontelle Inman
LS Patrick Sclaes
WR Cam Meridith  
TE Daniel Brown

WR Kendell Wright

Free Agents

WR John Brown – Fast WR that would fit with Nagy’s scheme

WR Jarvis Laundry – Pace is in desperation mode overpays and signs laundry to 16 million a season.  Bears add some serious speed to the WR group.  Laundry, Meridith, Brown, Inman, Wright, White(IR). Size and speed in this group add Tarik Cohen that should be enough speed for Matt Nagy to crave up the league.

TE Trey Burton – replaces Miller can be flexed out has a good season

C Weston Richburg – cutting Josh Siton and moving whitehair to guard is best long term for the line.   There are a few quality FA starting centers this year so if it not Richburg the bears have other options.

MLB – Anthony Hitchens – good young MLB is coming off of an injury.

DT – Justin Ellis – more beef up front 

OLB – Arron Lynch – young OLB  

SS – Kenny Vaccaro – Desperation signing #2 for Pace.  Defense should be pretty good next year with this signing

Draft

I am going to project and say the bears get the fifth pick in the draft jumping over the colts who win two games down the stretch 

1 Browns – QB Josh Rosen

2 Giants – QB Sam Darnold

3 49ers- WR Courtland Sutton

4 – Broncos – QB Lamar Jackson

5- Bears – OLB Bradley Chubb- Floyd and Chubb would a great duo.  Speed and power that will strike fear in opposing teams QBs.  You add Kenny Vacaro on the back end the bears will have top 10 defense.

2nd round – RT - Jamarco James – he has 10 year starting RT written all over him.  6’5 310 good balance of rush and pass blocking.  Mercifully replaces Bobby Massie as starter

4th round

CB Jaylan Dunlop – a gift from Lovie 6’1 200lb CB with some speed hopefully pushes cooper off the roster

C – Austin Golson – 6’5 305 backup center grasu needs to be off the team next year. 

5th round

RB – Bo Scarborough – Big back a hedge against a Howard injury derailing the season.  Cohen cannot be expect to carry any load if Howard is injured    

6th round

K – Eddy Pineiro – Strong leg kicker.  77 yard highlight video and has made some clutch kicks for the gators went 16 of 17 in 2017 and 21 out of 25 in 2016 with kicks of 54, 53, 54 yards. 

QB – Trubisky, Sanchez

HB – Howard, Cohen, Scarborough

WR – Laundry, Meredith, Brown, Inman, Wright, white(IR)

TE – Shaheen, Burton, Brown

LT – Leno

LG - long, Kush

C – Richburg, Golson

RG, Whitehair, Morgan

RT- Jones, Massie

RE – Unrien, Bullard

DT- Goldman, Ellis

LE – Hicks Robertson-Harris

OLB – Floyd, Irving

MLB – Trevathan, Hitchens, Kwaitkowski, Jones

OLB- Chubb, Lynch

CB – Fuller, Prince, Cooper, Dunlop, LeBlanc, McManis

FS –Jackson, hall

SS – Vacaro, Amos

K – Pineiro

P – O’Donnell

A lot to like here. Like the Landry/Brown add to Meredith and Inman quite a bit. Like Vaccaro quite a bit as well. Richburg is a guy I mocked to us a few weeks ago too. Chubb is a home run pick for us and I like Jones as well though I think top 40 may be a bit high for him.

I think Golson is an unnecessary section in your scenario because two other rostered guys (Whitehair and Kush) can back up the C position. I’d probably take a WR with that pick instead. I’d be really surprised if Scarborough enters the draft if he’s looking at a 5th round evaluation, but if he’s there I love the pick. I think with what we are left with at OLB I’d probably keep either Young or McPhee (probably Young). We look really thin in depth at the position to me. I think we should try to upgrade at least one of the corners too in FA rather than bringing back the two guys from this year with 1 combined INT this year in 22 combined games. Can’t change everything, but there’s definitely room to do more there given the likely cost to bring both back. 

Overall though nice work. I’d be satisfied. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

A lot to like here. Like the Landry/Brown add to Meredith and Inman quite a bit. Like Vaccaro quite a bit as well. Richburg is a guy I mocked to us a few weeks ago too. Chubb is a home run pick for us and I like Jones as well though I think top 40 may be a bit high for him.

I think Golson is an unnecessary section in your scenario because two other rostered guys (Whitehair and Kush) can back up the C position. I’d probably take a WR with that pick instead. I’d be really surprised if Scarborough enters the draft if he’s looking at a 5th round evaluation, but if he’s there I love the pick. I think with what we are left with at OLB I’d probably keep either Young or McPhee (probably Young). We look really thin in depth at the position to me. I think we should try to upgrade at least one of the corners too in FA rather than bringing back the two guys from this year with 1 combined INT this year in 22 combined games. Can’t change everything, but there’s definitely room to do more there given the likely cost to bring both back. 

Overall though nice work. I’d be satisfied. 

Pace is a master at 5th round running backs  if not Scarborough than someone else.  I can just see the bears put in a ton of work and the offense is derailed by a season ending non contact OTA injury to Howard.  I like Josh Adams from ND as well. 

After I did this one I realized that the OLB has little depth and I like your suggestion of ditching a back up center.  would probably switch that to a OLB in the 4th. A WR is an option but that receiver will be 6th on the depth chart.  OLB would be more of a value. 

I thought about CB hard.  I would think Malcom Bulter goes to the saints they already have the contract worked out from last season.  Johnson from the Rams.  I think he breaks the bank. bears will be paying Laundry the big money deal I cant see the bears playing two guys 15 to 20 mill a year.  Vacaro adds to the secondary at a cheaper price.  maybe 2019 we'll take a CB in the first round. 

thanks for the feed back. 

They don't have that much money to spend. 

My guess is the average salaries of your free agents will add up to close to 60 million.

With the cuts we probably would have 80, maybe 80 and change. Hardly enough to design the Bears guys to even modest deals.

The first 2 picks would have me very excited.

Archived