A 2024 OFF-SEASON PROJECTION (POST NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME)

Karnage84

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

Jamo is not a #2. Maybe after one more season but he's a good situational player 

A lot of folks, myself included, had doubts about how Jameson Williams would develop.  However, with the exception of getting better at tracking the ball on vertical routes, he has answered every question anyone had at the beginning of the season.  Hands aren't a problem.  Route-running isn't a problems.  His teammates have publicly praised his work ethic.  I will grant you that this is a crucial off-season for him but he has shown everything he needs to show that he is ready for the #2WR roles.  Ben Johnson needs to learn how to make better use of Jameson Williams tremendous physical skills so that he can take that step forward.  Him being a #2WR for the Lions is a Ben Johnson issue and not a Jameson Williams issue.

2 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

A lot of folks, myself included, had doubts about how Jameson Williams would develop.  However, with the exception of getting better at tracking the ball on vertical routes, he has answered every question anyone had at the beginning of the season.  Hands aren't a problem.  Route-running isn't a problems.  His teammates have publicly praised his work ethic.  I will grant you that this is a crucial off-season for him but he has shown everything he needs to show that he is ready for the #2WR roles.  Ben Johnson needs to learn how to make better use of Jameson Williams tremendous physical skills so that he can take that step forward.  Him being a #2WR for the Lions is a Ben Johnson issue and not a Jameson Williams issue.

He has shown flashes but he has not shown he is a #2. One more season of major progression and he can be a 2. If they had him as a 2 this next year I would be calling for Ben to be drug tested 

17 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

He has shown flashes but he has not shown he is a #2. One more season of major progression and he can be a 2. If they had him as a 2 this next year I would be calling for Ben to be drug tested 

Your expectations of a #2 WR are even higher than your expectations of the LB core. Plenty of rookie WR that come in and are expected to be #2s and even #1s, Jamo is going into year 3.

I will say the opposite of you, if they DON'T have him as 2 next year, they should be drug tested.

20 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Your expectations of a #2 WR are even higher than your expectations of the LB core. Plenty of rookie WR that come in and are expected to be #2s and even #1s, Jamo is going into year 3.

I will say the opposite of you, if they DON'T have him as 2 next year, they should be drug tested.

Well if he had shown more than he did I would agree: he showed glimpses but he's nothing more than a 3-5 type right now 

2 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Saying the film don't matter anymore he's not in college. 

He's improving but his NFL film is all that matters and he's a solid 3-5 guy at moment 

Well, you'll probably be disappointed with the WR offseason.

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

Well if he had shown more than he did I would agree: he showed glimpses but he's nothing more than a 3-5 type right now 

What he "showed" was as much as Ben Johnson allowed him to show.  His hands issues, which really was a mental issue, got fixed.  His route running improved a lot.  He was pretty good on contested catches and catches in traffic.  In almost every game in the second half of the season, we would see Jamo get looks in the 1st quarter but not see the ball again unitl the 4th quarter.  I can't think of one game where they tried to feed Jamo the ball consistently.  He has the tools and when he has gotten the looks he has shown he can deliver, with the exception of back-shoulder throws.  Getting more from Jamo isn't a Jamo problem it is a Ben Johnson problem