Offseason Predictions: check back in Jan

BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW

Let's check back in after the season ends, just guessing that ends on Jan 7th, but feel free to predict a deep playoff run.

My guesses:

Bears get 6th pick,  Panthers get 3rd pick.  The stupid Panthers are probably going to win some games against teams that have nothing to play for late and the Packers in particular seem like they'd screw us a bit and lose to them.

Eberflus and staff gone, Poles stays.  The only arguments I have heard that are remotely convincing for keeping Eberflus are along the lines of "The Bears do Dumb Things".  A literally histroically bad record, a ton of dysfunction, and for my eye test the team looks sloppy especially things like tackling which seem like a former DC should have handled.  An improvement on run defense doesn't excuse the fact that the team looks worse than they did while tanking.  I feel less confident about this one than I would with any other team making the call though. 

Cole Kmet gets alternate Pro Bowl honors

Darnell Wright grades out as top 2 rookie OL

Fields is still on the roster until at least after the draft, everyone shrugs

Teven Jenkins stays healthy all season and gets alt Pro Bowl

Some kind of weird *** press conference with Warren and McCaskey where they both sound supportive of Poles and like he'd better shape up. 

One more weird Bears staff issue before the season ends

No Aberflus face tattoo 😪

What's your best guess with so much pointless season stretching out ahead of us? Most wrong has to change to an Aaron Rodgers avatar. 

Jenkins, Moore and Johnson all get at least alternate Pro Bowl nods. Wright gets first team all rookie.

Fields finishes the season with 2 more wins, he plays great in them and looks like Bagents back up in 2 others.

Bears get the 2nd and 7th picks.

Maye gets picked in the 2nd and they trade back the 7th.

Flubby/Poles/Getsy stay another year. 

Bears sign another expensive EDGE to pair with Sweat, and sign another aging C.

Fields gets traded for no better than a 4th, may be packaged in the trade back.

• Like 1

Poles stays, Eberflus goes. Poles hires some ****

Bears finish with the 2nd and 4th picks. Knowing they need blue chip players, they stand pat and take Maye at 2. With Harrison gone at 4, Poles trades down a few slots and takes Bowers there. They only win one more game and that's week 16 against Arizona

Fields has another injury, this time one that causes him to miss 2 games. In the offseason they trade him to the Giants for a 4th and a conditional pick, both in 2024

The Bears spend $170M+ in free agency, signing Connor Williams to play C and reunite Young with Sweat

They trade Johnson to SF for a 2nd and 4th. They sign Sneed as a CB1 replacement, a player Poles is familiar with from KC

An announcement is made official that they're moving to Arlington Heights with an eye on 2028 (I'll be dead)

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

(I'll be dead)

******* hope not?

Those Fields trades would be sad, but if he gets hurt again it's a last nail in the coffin.

I would be fine with Maye or Williams.  Smart people rate them both highly and it's a big roll of the dice anyway.

J Johnson Pro Bowl would make sense if the Bears were a winny team,  I feel like Kmet might get one on an invisible team just because his stats are shockingly high in the league. 

Also... I have never had a prediction last a shorter time than my feel on Flus... listened to Hoge and Jahns while putting in some plumbing* and holy cow, they sure sound like they know something about him staying and are laying the groundwork a bit.  That is scary. Also sounds like they actually feel like the team still likes Fields, which is never the feeling I got. 

*Have you guys ever used Sharkbite for plumbing connections? I usually just solder but this is right over a spot I don't want flame at, so I went to Home Despot and they don't have any mechanical connectors, just these push to fit Sharkbite things.  Seems way too easy but it held.  I pretty much spent 15minutes prepping and installing and then an hour staring at it waiting for it to leak.  

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Fml. I just realized I made predictions that are only able to be checked way after January...

So maybe I've just chipped in early to the second part of this thread?

We're just going to renew it annually when the Bears keep Flus until the heat death of the universe or he gets to double digit wins, whichever comes first. 

6 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Have you guys ever used Sharkbite for plumbing connections? I usually just solder but this is right over a spot I don't want flame at, so I went to Home Despot and they don't have any mechanical connectors, just these push to fit Sharkbite things.  Seems way too easy but it held.  I pretty much spent 15minutes prepping and installing and then an hour staring at it waiting for it to leak. 

I won't endorse them because I'm far from a real plumber but I have used them numerous times. Only time I've ever had an issue was because I made a poor cut on my line, but if it's nice and squared I've never had an issue from one. I also sometimes use just a few twists of something like 180 grit sandpaper just to give it a tiny bit of extra surface area to grip. Probably not needed but it helps me overthink less later.

5 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

We're just going to renew it annually when the Bears keep Flus until the heat death of the universe or he gets to double digit wins, whichever comes first. 

Assuming the former until the NFL switches to a 30 game season.

27 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I won't endorse them because I'm far from a real plumber but I have used them numerous times. Only time I've ever had an issue was because I made a poor cut on my line, but if it's nice and squared I've never had an issue from one. I also sometimes use just a few twists of something like 180 grit sandpaper just to give it a tiny bit of extra surface area to grip. Probably not needed but it helps me overthink less later.

Assuming the former until the NFL switches to a 30 game season.

Literally checked the thing 20 times.  Crazy little piece of equipment.   Had the hard time padding out the entire hour to be honest, mostly dicked around on my phone while watching it not leak.   I did the emery paper thing too. It's confusing as some sources on the net say absolutely not to sand it as it can wreck the tolerance, but I needed to remove the olive drab paint the ****bag former owner of my house sprayed all over the basement. 

• Like 1