Tim Boyle to start for the Jets Friday

MikeT14

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Still the Jets are talented and have a good group of young talented players but they need to fill a lot of pieces and work on proven depth before they are considered some shoe in for the Super Bowl.  

We aren't missing as many pieces are you are suggesting but yeah, I agree, that's been my point. The Jets are a talented team.

We add more pieces to the OL, get a QB (AKA wait for AR to come back), and we will have an SB quality team. JD has been doing his job, and to fire him because Rodger's snapped his Achilles is wild.

5 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

We aren't missing as many pieces are you are suggesting but yeah, I agree, that's been my point. The Jets are a talented team.

We add more pieces to the OL, get a QB (AKA wait for AR to come back), and we will have an SB quality team. JD has been doing his job, and to fire him because Rodger's snapped his Achilles is wild.

Super Bowl quality team?  I disagree, sure on paper preseason this year it seemed like that but honestly there are 8 more talented and complete rosters in the NFL than the Jets.  And unless Aaron Rodgers comes back from injury and plays like an MVP at 40 years old, they are not that close.  

And it is not that easy to just improve three different positions on the OL unless you assume Becton and Vera Tucker will never get hurt again when in reality they will probably by next year again.  Even if they can draft a good one which is a gamble in itself, no saying it is instantly improved and not like they have tons of cash to go get a dude in free agency especially if they want to sign some of those free agents coming up...

They are close but I would call close a top 5 team in the NFL not one that is maybe top 10-15 and that is with everyone healthy which never seems to be the case.  And even when healthy, pime example is Ahmad Gardner, honestly I think more than a few corners have outplayed him this year and same can be said at DT with Quinnen Williams.  So those young studs to need to continue and improve and get better for them to be a great team.  

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Super Bowl quality team?  I disagree, sure on paper preseason this year it seemed like that but honestly there are 8 more talented and complete rosters in the NFL than the Jets.  And unless Aaron Rodgers comes back from injury and plays like an MVP at 40 years old, they are not that close.  

And it is not that easy to just improve three different positions on the OL unless you assume Becton and Vera Tucker will never get hurt again when in reality they will probably by next year again.  Even if they can draft a good one which is a gamble in itself, no saying it is instantly improved and not like they have tons of cash to go get a dude in free agency especially if they want to sign some of those free agents coming up...

They are close but I would call close a top 5 team in the NFL not one that is maybe top 10-15 and that is with everyone healthy which never seems to be the case.  And even when healthy, pime example is Ahmad Gardner, honestly I think more than a few corners have outplayed him this year and same can be said at DT with Quinnen Williams.  So those young studs to need to continue and improve and get better for them to be a great team.  

Oh, c'mon with this. You keep wanting to nitpick, but the fact is the Jets have a talented roster. And you don't need to be the best roster to go to the SB, I think we all know that, but we 100% have the talent do so if not for the incredible deficiency at QB.

Side note - players having a better season than Sauce or QW doesn't make them less talented. They are still studs. It's like saying because Aaron Donald exists that Chris Jones isn't a great DT.

34 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Oh, c'mon with this. You keep wanting to nitpick, but the fact is the Jets have a talented roster. And you don't need to be the best roster to go to the SB, I think we all know that, but we 100% have the talent do so if not for the incredible deficiency at QB.

Side note - players having a better season than Sauce or QW doesn't make them less talented. They are still studs. It's like saying because Aaron Donald exists that Chris Jones isn't a great DT.

There is no one roster that has went to the Super Bowl in the last five years that is not a top 5 roster in football at the time.  No team had a bad roster.

Only one I can think of recently is 2007 with the Chicago Bears, all the other teams are all totally legit and had the roster to be there.  Even that Bears team they did have Tommie Harris on D along with Urlacher and Lance Briggs along with Tillman and Vasher at the corners and of course Devin Hester on special teams.  But all those other units totally had legit rosters top to bottom, especially lately.  Chiefs, Eagles, Rams, Bengals, Buccaneers, 49ers all the last four Super Bowl teams and yeah all pretty loaded.  Bengals were suspect on the OL but played good when it matter especially against the Bills but the rest hard to really fine issues with the rosters...  Even the Rams who did not have a great OL did have Whitworth still at OT at they generally stayed healthy also.  

Even the Eagles in 2017, oh they had a backup QB and won.  Well they also have Jeffery and Agholor and WR, Ertz at TE, Blount at RB OL with Lane Johnson, Kelce, Brandon Brooks, Jason Peters, Stefn Wisniewski and Vaitai.  On D only had Cox, Graham, Jernigan, Curry along with Hicks at LB and Bradham then at safety Malcolm Jenkins who was a dude and McLeod along with corners Darby and Mills with backup corners in Rasul Douglas and Patrick Robinson.  Yeah that was an outstanding roster top to bottom.  

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

There is no one roster that has went to the Super Bowl in the last five years that is not a top 5 roster in football at the time.  No team had a bad roster.

The Jets don't have a bad roster, they have decimated OL and an injured QB. Every other position group has quality to top tier players.

You keep moving away from the argument: The Jets have studs all over their roster -> JD is a good GM.

45 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

The Jets don't have a bad roster, they have decimated OL and an injured QB. Every other position group has quality to top tier players.

You keep moving away from the argument: The Jets have studs all over their roster -> JD is a good GM.

I honestly do not care what they do with their GM.  I am commented about how you call their roster so perfect and it is simply not.  WR they absolutely do not have top quality players outside of one guy, all along the OL honestly not sure any of them are top quality players and their depth at the CB position is more than suspect along with their depth at LB.  

Maybe if one one ever got hurt they would be fine but clearly it is not the case and never is.   They are not that stacked of a roster and they lack depth in more than one key position when really all positions are key positions because any weak link can be taken advantage of.  

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I honestly do not care what they do with their GM.  I am commented about how you call their roster so perfect and it is simply not.  WR they absolutely do not have top quality players outside of one guy, all along the OL honestly not sure any of them are top quality players and their depth at the CB position is more than suspect along with their depth at LB.  

Maybe if one one ever got hurt they would be fine but clearly it is not the case and never is.   They are not that stacked of a roster and they lack depth in more than one key position when really all positions are key positions because any weak link can be taken advantage of.  

Now you're just making stuff up.