Armsteeld 2024 Mock Draft Nov Version

armsteeld

For those worrying about Jayden Daniels' size, he is listed at 6'4 210. Joe Burrow is listed at 6'4 215. For those saying his pocket play isn't up to par? You haven't been watching him play. If you challenge his level of competition? You haven't watched him play. I'm not concerned if he wins the Heisman (he should) but Daniels is everything Lamar Jackson was when he played for Louisville. 

Daniels is a better passer and has a better surrounding offensive cast than what Lamar had. I guess tomorrow I'll take a dive into some of these top QB prospects. Remember that we're evaluating QB and not the team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, armsteeld said:

For those worrying about Jayden Daniels' size, he is listed at 6'4 210. Joe Burrow is listed at 6'4 215. For those saying his pocket play isn't up to par? You haven't been watching him play. If you challenge his level of competition? You haven't watched him play. I'm not concerned if he wins the Heisman (he should) but Daniels is everything Lamar Jackson was when he played for Louisville. 

Daniels is a better passer and has a better surrounding offensive cast than what Lamar had. I guess tomorrow I'll take a dive into some of these top QB prospects. Remember that we're evaluating QB and not the team.

The two most worrisome things about Daniels are what happened in 2020 and his age. 

Jayden Daniels' debate

13 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Bo Nix is dealing tonight 

Where are most of his completions at? Many call him the check down king as he's only completed 17 passes of 20 yards or more. Short game works in college but you must be able to push the field in the NFL.

Didn't like Nix game at Auburn and he doesn't seem to have progressed much better since he's went to Oregon. Add in he'll be a 24 year old rookie that needs much developing and he reminds me of a QB we took but he's a better athlete than Kenny.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

@bigben07MVP You’ll like hearing me say this:

I would take a mid-round shot on Jordan Travis. Put him on IR and give him 2024 to heal up and get right. Then put him in an open comp in 2025. 

Yea, I think he’s more of a 7th round/UDFA after the injury and not being able to participate in the combine, senior bowl, pro day etc. I was actually higher on him as a NFL prospect after 2022 (even before the injury this year) but I think he was playing injured and ironically somewhat conservative this season trying to stay healthy until the playoffs. 

It’s funny that I am an high on Daniels because Travis severely outplayed him in their matchups two years in a row. I would obviously be stoked if we took a shot on Travis though. Intangibles are off the charts. 

Edited by bigben07MVP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, armsteeld said:

He's 22 years old and turns 23 on December 8th so age is not a factor at all. What happened in 2020?

IIRC He looked like a stud as a true freshman on a pretty talented ASU team and throwing to Aiyuk and then regressed pretty badly in 2020 Covid year after a lot of the talent left.

I am going off memory on this I could be wrong.  

1 hour ago, armsteeld said:

Jayden Daniels' debate

Where are most of his completions at? Many call him the check down king as he's only completed 17 passes of 20 yards or more. Short game works in college but you must be able to push the field in the NFL.

Didn't like Nix game at Auburn and he doesn't seem to have progressed much better since he's went to Oregon. Add in he'll be a 24 year old rookie that needs much developing and he reminds me of a QB we took but he's a better athlete than Kenny.

He was making legit tight window NFL type throws downfield last night. Oregon St defense is supposed to be pretty legit too. 

He has absolutely looked like a completely different player since transferring to Oregon though. But is that because he actually developed or just playing in a much better system with better talent around him? Idk, I haven’t watched him enough. But those Auburn years were ugly. 

14 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

IIRC He looked like a stud as a true freshman on a pretty talented ASU team and throwing to Aiyuk and then regressed pretty badly in 2020 Covid year after a lot of the talent left.

I am going off memory on this I could be wrong.  

Pretty spot on. There should be some questions of what happened that year. I’m also curious on learning more about the surrounding reasons to his transfer. Sounds like there was dealings with his mom taking money pre-NIL rules.