Tytus Howard Placed on Season Ending IR

lumberjackchris

1 minute ago, lumberjackchris said:

The hits just keep coming along the OL

This one I really want to laugh at, probably to keep from crying, but still. This is insane. I've never seen a team deal with this many injuries, especially to one unit like the OL has had.

Do you all realize we have had not one game where the projected OL or WR starting unit has played together?

With that said, I'd rather Juice at Guard anyway. Tytus was very miscasted there. Come back next year as a tackle.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Come back next year as a tackle.

If it wasn't for that extension - which is looking like a *really* bad decision right about now - I'd almost be content with George Fant and Josh Jones competing for RT snaps, with Charlie Heck as a swing T. Howard is immensely more talented than those names, but the word is out - you're incredibly lucky if you get 17 games out of Howard, he's only had one full season under his belt. Reliability is sorely lacking with Howard, I'll give up some of what he does at RT for a guy who can play a full season.

Per Spotrac - if you can find a trade partner, you can get out of this deal ($5.5mm cap savings with a pre 6/1 trade, $14.5mm cap savings with a post 6/1 trade). I don't like to think this, but his reliability sort of forces you to explore options at least.

• Like 1

Ya, sucks for him. Playing out of position resulted in him getting hurt.

I get why the staff did it, it’s just tough. He misses a lot of basic OL fundamentals, which is understandable seeing as he switched to OL later in his college career. But like you said, get healthy and slot back in at RT next year.