Is Antonio Brown a Top 10 WR of All Time?

footbull3196

Is Antonio brown a top 10 WR of all time?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is Antonio brown a top 10 WR of all time?

• Yes
    • No, he's top 15-20
    • No, outside of top 20

On 20/12/2017 at 10:57 PM, Ward4HOF said:

I think the issue is, he makes the extraordinary look ordinary, but I have no idea how after watching catches like his 3rd TD of the night against the Titans...or when, for the umpteenth time, he grabs a ball on the sideline that looks like there is no way it's a catch...yet it is...how anyone can honestly feel that Brown doesn't have some of the most spectacular plays in the NFL over the past 5 years.

That's not putting down Julio, that's just looking past the ho-hum 'look, AB leads the league again' statistical output. He high-points it (yeah, I know, what terrible term, but we all use it), toe-taps, catches multiple one-handers, tipped balls, jukes...everything.  He simply does it all, and literally has no holes in his game...well, he can't barrel guys over like Julio, but he gives up 5" and 40 lbs to Julio, so if that is what you are talking about, then ok...you win.

Yeah, I'm biased, but it's not like I'm coming in here saying that Ben is the best QB in the league, or heck, I wouldn't even give Bell the nod as being the best RB in the league (top 3, maybe)...but point is, AB is way more than just numbers, and if you feel Julio somehow looks more spectacular, I'd honestly have to ask...how, exactly?  Because he's taller and bigger, and fits more of the prototypical mold of a #1 WR?  I'm not saying you can't be right, but I'm seriously asking, what is it that makes Julio somehow look 'better', because AB can't be much more spectacular with his catches; he pulls in grabs that at first glance are seemingly impossible, and there is plenty of 'youtube' evidence to back that up. And then there is this...of course...

...but what's good for the goose, is good for the gander...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000704361/Antonio-Brown-drops-pass-in-the-chest

The fact that Julio isn’t just an athlete playing receiver. He’s technically refined and has the physical attributes. I think ABs consistency in his production is better but Julio as a overall receiver is better. Athleticism matters. 

Archived