Week 16 GDT: Giants vs. Eagles 12/25 Xmas day! @ 4:30pm EST

Giants4eva

Happy Holidays to all the Gmen crew here this year! This one isn't gonna be a good look for us at all. As much as I have faith in us trying to put up a fight, the Eagles are at a true desperate moment in their season right now. Fighting for a #1 overall seed in the playoffs, they know they need this game. They have lost 3 in a row, which for them, is almost unheard of. We have a horrible record in their house, and we all know Boston Scott will be jammed down our throats this week.  

Eagles have not played well at all in the last few weeks, their offense has looked anemic at best, Hurts has been tossing INTs quite frequently in these contests. The secondary of the Eagles is a definite weakness of theirs. Even in spite of all that, we are still worse then them. Im trying to hold out some sort of Xmas miracle that we somehow someway beat this team in a holiday game and shock the nation but i just don't see it happening. Our offensive line is just putrid, i can only hope and pray Tommy D doesn't get hurt in this one. With the front 4 of Graham, Carter, Davis and Sweat.. we are in deep trouble handling those guys.

Our defense has held us in games this year, but we are leaving them out on the field for extremely long periods of time. No defense can sustain that kind of pressure for long. Hurts is sneaky good getting out of the pocket and if its 3rd and 1, its basically automatic 1st down with the 'tush push'...

All i can say is if Tommy DeVito wins this game... this would be like David slaying Goliath, a young no name fighter named Muhammed Ali defeating Sonny Liston, Undefeated Pats losing to the 07 Gmen.. Thats how improbable this win is. Point spread as of now is 11.5.. that should tell you something. Anyhow, lets see what turns out. 

Eagles 28 / Giants 7 

Kind of one of those can't lose scenarios. If you win the Eagles are on a 4 game skid, you strike a vital blow to their chance at homefield advantage, and it's a little redemption for all the times they screwed us out of the playoffs. Lose.. well you at least stay at 6. Washington is playing the Jets, Chicago still has to play Arizona, maybe we sneak down to the 5 spot (SOS is tricky). 

Realistically I think the defense might keep us in this one for a while. But eventually their running game will wear them down enough and I think Philly wins this comfortably. I'm just hoping Hyatt gets his first career TD on Xmas day. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Kind of one of those can't lose scenarios. If you win the Eagles are on a 4 game skid, you strike a vital blow to their chance at homefield advantage, and it's a little redemption for all the times they screwed us out of the playoffs. Lose.. well you at least stay at 6. Washington is playing the Jets, Chicago still has to play Arizona, maybe we sneak down to the 5 spot (SOS is tricky). 

Realistically I think the defense might keep us in this one for a while. But eventually their running game will wear them down enough and I think Philly wins this comfortably. I'm just hoping Hyatt gets his first career TD on Xmas day. 

Ya id like to see Hyatt grab a few catches to be honest. Just cant see us pulling this one out at all. Philly owns us in their house. 

Well we made it interesting at least. 33 - 25, not bad not bad. There were some definite missed oppurtunities in this one though. I will say the Eagles do not look like the team they were last year. Pretty much think that the Tommy DeVito chapter of this season is closed. Tyrod moved the offense down the field while TD really was incapable. Even with that said we just have so little talent to get us thru games like this. At this point if we are locked in on the 5th pick for the draft, its either a stud QB or olinemen. I can not see it being anything else. Come free agency, it'll be interesting to see who Joe Schoen goes after. I have to think he's eyeing at least 1 guard in FA, notably Robert Hunt from Miami. Hes gotta make a splash to address something on the line. 

• Like 1