Sleeping on Seattle

BayRaider

7 hours ago, disaacs said:

You can make a point without using sarcasm, sir.  If you would like me to expand my opinion, it's basically that I don't believe they will be able to overcome their significant flaws, but the experience that they have in the playoffs will help them be competitive and may get them a win or 2.  I agree that they aren't going to win the Super Bowl, but they are going to be a tough out.  

If we already know they'll lose,how tough an out they are is pretty pointless /irrelevant ,isn't it? 

It's already apparent they're a struggling sucky team now,compared to what they were. If they get rid of that stupid green,I'll respect them lol :)

As a Seahawks fan, this year just feels like a bust. The normal Pete and Wilson magic just isn't there this year. They seem to only be a small step behind the competition (all games lost are by 1 possession), but in the NFL there is only one word for that: Losers.

They are probably still a tier2 team capable of doing damage in the playoffs, especially if they get a run of opponents without starting quarterbacks. But they aren't going to survive three road games against 2+ quality opponents. It's possible the Rams choke away the division and they sneak in with a 3rd seed and get a chance at 2x home games in the playoffs, but its a long shot.

Just for comparison, the Seahawks have played 7 games against what I would call playoff caliber teams this year with wins against a Rams team that required 5! turnovers, a last second miracle win at home against the Texans when their season still had hope, and a statement win against the Eagles at home.
On the flip side, they have had 4 losses against playoff caliber teams: GB week 1, Jaguars and Titans in embarassing fashion on the road, and a pitiful MNF game against the Falcons.

3-4 as a record against playoff-esque teams is not very promising. But with that said, we are 2 bad calls, a couple missed field goals, and a few missed tackles away from being a 1-2 loss team right now, so hopefully they prove me wrong.

Archived