Texans S Jimmie Ward to IR

ET80

Ward is now out for the year after logging 10 games with the Texans. The FA from San Francisco joined the Texans and DeMeco Ryans on a 2/$13mm deal in the offseason. The Texans can save up to $4mm on their cap by releasing Ward this offseason - given his injury history, this might be a direction the team takes. 

In a corresponding move, the Texans picked up S Kareem Jackson following waivers from Denver. 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Ward is now out for the year after logging 10 games with the Texans. The FA from San Francisco joined the Texans and DeMeco Ryans on a 2/$13mm deal in the offseason. The Texans can save up to $4mm on their cap by releasing Ward this offseason - given his injury history, this might be a direction the team takes. 

In a corresponding move, the Texans picked up S Kareem Jackson following waivers from Denver. 

I dont think they will cut him. He is one of DeMeco's guys. Great leader. I know he has had injuries in the past, but when he has played he has been top tier. Has that not been the case in HOU?

11 minutes ago, N4L said:

I dont think they will cut him. He is one of DeMeco's guys. Great leader. I know he has had injuries in the past, but when he has played he has been top tier. Has that not been the case in HOU?

Oh I fully agree - he's been the nerve center of the defense, puts everyone in position to do well. And a $4mm cap savings isn't much to justify that loss.

This being said, it IS a topic.