NYRaider's Mock Offseason V1.0

NYRaider

11 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

How many times do I have to say it? Davante Adams isn't elite.

Receptions

11th

Yards

16th

TDs

13th

Receptions 20+ Yards

29th

Receptions 40+ Yards

29th

Receiving YAC/R

55TH

Does this look elite to you? 

Check 2022 you said he wasn’t elite. 

Bad QB play was the main thing that held this team back. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Check 2022 you said he wasn’t elite. 

Bad QB play was the main thing that held this team back. 

Why do I need to go back 2 years ago? Current stats say he isn't elite. You said we had top 10 O line. That's a lie.

Edited by PhillyRaider

2 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

Why do I need to go back 2 years ago? Current stats say he isn't elite. You said we had top 10 O line. That's a lie.

You literally said he hasn’t been elite since we acquired him despite the fact he was a first team all pro last season here 

Bad QB play can cripple a WRs production. 

See AJ Brown as an example. 

The fact you’re trying to blame AOC’s poor play on Adams and not vice versa is absolutely insane to me. 

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Bad QB play can cripple a WRs production. 

See AJ Brown as an example. 

The fact you’re trying to blame AOC’s poor play on Adams and not vice versa is absolutely insane to me. 

So Adams hasn't had a career high in dropped passes this season? He hasn't disappeared for weeks at a time? That's just imagination, right? Dude is 55th in YAC but he's the best receiver in the game? He's elite? O'Connell performed more than admirably given the circumstances he found himself in. Adams didn't help him one bit. 

So Adams hasn't had a career high in dropped passes this season? He hasn't disappeared for weeks at a time? That's just imagination, right? Dude is 55th in YAC but he's the best receiver in the game? He's elite? O'Connell performed more than admirably given the circumstances he found himself in. Adams didn't help him one bit. 

Adams lack of production has been primarily because of AOC’s poor play bud.

Adams is still on pace for 105 receptions / 1,200 yards despite playing with bottom 5 QB play all year. He will absolutely light it up next year if he has a legit QB.

Delusional.

Its hard to say which of your takes is the worst:

1. Adams hasn’t been elite since we traded for him 

2. AOC has a better long term outlook than Jalen Hurts

3. Gruden should be the next head coach

4. Gruden managed the roster well when he took over  

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Adams lack of production has been primarily because of AOC’s poor play bud.

Adams is still on pace for 105 receptions / 1,200 yards despite playing with bottom 5 QB play all year. He will absolutely light it up next year if he has a legit QB.

What you're not getting pal, is that Adams SHOULD put up numbers like that regardless who the QB is. He's had a TON of targets this season. There isn't any logical reason in the world he shouldn't put up numbers. Do you get that? We inserted a rookie QB who was drafted in the 4th round and put him in a position that was difficult even by veteran QB standards. 

What? You expected him to come in off the bench cold and be the next Tom Brady? It's not realistic, bro. I'm trying my best to try to make you see. I don't know how much clearer in my points I can get, bro. Adams had a record number of drops, Renfrow was non-existant, he had Austin Hooper and a rookie for a TE, another rookie receiver who couldn't catch a cold until the last couple games in Tucker, a horrible worst-of-his-career Jacobs for a running back.

Show me where I ever lied to you, bro. It never happened and never will. I'm just trying to make you understand where I'm coming from. Of course our QB wasn't ideal this season,  no one with a brain would argue that. But...given the circumstances and the insane down year for almost everyone else involved in the offense, that kid played his heart for us.

I don't know what more you could expect. I think it's time we all, every Raider fan in the world, start showing that kid some respect and appreciation. Have you ever heard him talk? That kid LOVES the Raiders, bro. He loves us. He's proud as hell to wear the Silver & Black. 

He loves to win too. Did you see his face after that 63 point Chargers game, bro? He was like a kid on Christmas day. You couldn't get that smile off his face. 

One other thing bro I want to make clear just in case it got lost in translation somehow..my criticism of Davante, Renfrow, Jacobs etc. does not in any way mean I don't love those cats or appreciate them. I certainly do. I am going to be sad as hell to see Renfrow leave. 

If the new regime coming in trades Adams, I'll be sad as hell to see him go. BUT... and here's what I need to make clear..it's important to be honest. Always bro. It's important in life, it's important in sports. In my efforts to be honest, I criticized these guys because they all had down years.

That's just the truth bro. Doesn't mean I hate them or have some kind if hidden agenda. Not at all. I don't think like that nor do I operate like that. Ever.

This is also the reason why I said, repeatedly, that I wouldn't mind if we rolled with O'Connell next year in order for us to address all our other needs this offseason. 

Bro, we need a new starting RT, a new starting RG, possibly a new starting LT if Kolton starts having health issues, Jacobs is likely gone so we'll need to replace him too. A replacement for Renfrow, at least two new CBs, one has to be starter quality, a possible replacement for Moehrig and Epps given how the new regime feels about them and their situations, at least two animal-type interior defensive linemen, an animal-type EDGE who is a constant threat to the QB playing the opposite side of Maxx.

And all I hear in this place, day after day after day is......we need a QB. 

BRO, am I lying? We need a TON of work man and this ish ain't gon be easy. So let me say it one more time, if you'll allow me..

Let's roll with O'Connell for this next season and address our needs now.

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Its hard to say which of your takes is the worst:

1. Adams hasn’t been elite since we traded for him 

2. AOC has a better long term outlook than Jalen Hurts

3. Gruden should be the next head coach

4. Gruden managed the roster well when he took over  

Bro, the least you could do if you're going to quote me is be fair and not take things I said out of context. 

1. Adams hasn't been the same player he was in Green Bay. Yes or no bro?

2. Hurts long term outlook isn't good. He regressed a lot this year and is about to get his head coach fired. That's a fact. Given that I've seen this same exact scenario happen before with Wentz, yes I'll take the future with O'Connell over Hurts. This is coming from someone who's seen every game Hurts ever played. 

3. I don't believe I ever said Gruden should be but I did make a case.foe him. I believe what I said was ordered to say was that Gruden is gone due to the NFL interfering with us. His dismissal was not our choice. A case can be made ifnthe league didn't do him dirty like they did, he would still be our coach and Mayock would still be our GM and we would.nevwr had the nightmare that was JMD/Ziegler.

4. Gruden was far better than JMD. Mayock was far better than Ziegler. We would have been far better under them than we were with the other clowns.