Commanders Fire Ron Rivera

HTTRDynasty

8 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Absolutely no one happier with this news than me. Ron may have the respect of the leagues coaching circles but his leadership and abilities to put together a successful franchise are vastly overstated. 

He entered Washington preaching culture and accountability. His tenure proved that the latter was only a talking point as he never took ownership of the disaster that he had full control over. 

The turnover that will be required to repair the damage done to the roster is easily worse than what he inherited. His defense, in year 4, just finished with the 3rd worst PPG allowed in NFL History. The QB, that was his only talking point all season, is most likely damaged goods for allowing Eric Bieniemy to scheme almost 50 passes per game behind a very poor offensive line. 

While he may be a good person, professionally I hope no franchise allows him to ever have any sort of control again. Hopefully he transitions to broadcasting/media or some form of motivational speaking. 

That 3rd worst defense stat doesn't mean much when it's 17 games now

8 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Absolutely no one happier with this news than me. Ron may have the respect of the leagues coaching circles but his leadership and abilities to put together a successful franchise are vastly overstated. 

He entered Washington preaching culture and accountability. His tenure proved that the latter was only a talking point as he never took ownership of the disaster that he had full control over. 

The turnover that will be required to repair the damage done to the roster is easily worse than what he inherited. His defense, in year 4, just finished with the 3rd worst PPG allowed in NFL History. The QB, that was his only talking point all season, is most likely damaged goods for allowing Eric Bieniemy to scheme almost 50 passes per game behind a very poor offensive line. 

While he may be a good person, professionally I hope no franchise allows him to ever have any sort of control again. Hopefully he transitions to broadcasting/media or some form of motivational speaking. 

I'm not saying Ron Rivera did a good job, but can you honestly say that the Commanders' defense was full of legitimate NFL players?  They traded their 2 best pass rushers for Day 2 picks at the deadline, and their back 7 is mediocre.  The only part of their defense that has legitimate talent is Da'Ron Payne and Jonathan Allen.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not saying Ron Rivera did a good job, but can you honestly say that the Commanders' defense was full of legitimate NFL players?  They traded their 2 best pass rushers for Day 2 picks at the deadline, and their back 7 is mediocre.  The only part of their defense that has legitimate talent is Da'Ron Payne and Jonathan Allen.

Absolutely not. You know who was responsible for the players on the roster? Ron Rivera. There is no defense for the man as a talent evaluator or team builder. He inherited Montez Sweat, Jon Allen and Daron Payne. He selected Chase Young, Jamin Davis, Jahan Dotson and Emmanuel Forbes with their respective 1st round picks. He traded for Carson Wentz after it was announced that he was going to be released. 

I could go on and on about the ineptitude that he exhibited. His claim to fame for us was a 7-9 NFC East title. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Towerbridge said:

That 3rd worst defense stat doesn't mean much when it's 17 games now

At 30.5 points allowed per game, 10th all-time, 7th since the AFL-NFL merger, Washington's defense allowed 518 points, 62 more than the 2nd most Arizona (456 points). 

Trust me, the stats are not good. Washington fans have lived this every year since he was hired. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, adamq said:

It would be hilarious if Spielman came to the conclusion that he is in fact the best candidate for the job.. I know this has happened in the past in other industries 😂

Spielman was a pretty decent GM.  He just never had the good fortune of getting a great QB.  The rest of his teams were very solid.

• Like 1