Wild Card GDT: Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys

MaddHatter

11 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Packers looking sharp against SF. I wouldn't be surprised if they win this.

Ugh, it really sucks to watch other teams and WISH your team was that good!

It doesn't bother me anymore that Dallas is on the sidelines watching the big boys play.  I look at it as an annual rite of passage.  Some things are just bound to happen.

7 hours ago, Northland said:

It doesn't bother me anymore that Dallas is on the sidelines watching the big boys play.  I look at it as an annual rite of passage.  Some things are just bound to happen.

Yeah, I just remember how good it felt when it was Dallas whooping arse this time of year. Just remembering the glory days.

3 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Yeah, I just remember how good it felt when it was Dallas whooping arse this time of year. Just remembering the glory days.

I'm watching the Mahomes and Allen show and I'll I can think is don't extend Dak.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Northland said:

I'm watching the Mahomes and Allen show and I'll I can think is don't extend Dak.

You get it. Do you see the poise, control, commitment and above all the passion these guys are playing with? 

These guys have IT! These are the big boys.

Anyone not wearing their "I love my guy no matter what" glasses can easily see the difference between them and Prescott.

This is football at a higher level and it is above Prescott's ceiling.

I just can't see Prescott making these plays in a game against this level of talent.

7 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

You get it. Do you see the poise, control, commitment and above all the passion these guys are playing with? 

These guys have IT! These are the big boys.

Anyone not wearing their "I love my guy no matter what" glasses can easily see the difference between them and Prescott.

This is football at a higher level and it is above Prescott's ceiling.

I just can't see Prescott making these plays in a game against this level of talent.

I agree with most if not all of this. I said it a couple of days ago in a different thread. I think Dak can win a SB, just not in Dallas. "It" just isn't there. QB's not as good as Dak have won SB's. 

He didn't play nearly as well as he did for most of the regular season. What's really muddies the water, and this can't be disputed, the defense played even worse and just magnifies the shortcoming of Dak.

MM, DQ, and Dak need to go. Albeit I think we can all agree JJ is really the one that needs to go first. And I don't think Stephen is going to be any better. We're screwed fellas.

But to @Northland post, yea, it sucks watching complete teams play well. Grant it, neither of these teams played consistent during the regular season, but they're putting it together in the playoffs. As is Detroit.

Edited by HDsportsfan

3 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I agree with most if not all of this. I said it a couple of days ago in a different thread. I think Dak can win a SB, just not in Dallas. "It" just isn't there. QB's not as good as Dak have won SB's. 

He didn't play nearly as well as he did for most of the regular season. What's really muddies the water, and this can't be disputed, the defense played even worse and just magnifies the shortcoming of Dak.

MM, DQ, and Dak need to go. Albeit I think we can all agree JJ is really the one that needs to go first. And I don't think Stephen is going to be any better. We're screwed fellas.

But to @Northland post, yea, it sucks watching complete teams play well. Grant it, neither of these teams played consistent during the regular season, but they're putting it together in the playoffs. As is Detroit.

This won't be agreed with by a lot of people but the great QB's elevate the play of everyone around them.  Take away Kelce and who is Mahomes throwing to?  Yet the offense is productive vs Buffalo.  I just don't know if Dak can do that against elite competition.

2 minutes ago, Northland said:

This won't be agreed with by a lot of people but the great QB's elevate the play of everyone around them.  Take away Kelce and who is Mahomes throwing to?  Yet the offense is productive vs Buffalo.  I just don't know if Dak can do that against elite competition.

He hasn't. And thats my point. It's not hate or anything like it. It's the reality of the situation.

Until he shows out in a playoff game, especially in a dog fight, you cannot argue that he is elite or even capable of a deep playoff run.

And anyone that tries to debate that is coming from 1 of 2 places:

1. Basing their point of view on opinion not fact.

2. Settling for a lesser definition of what it takes to be a champion, ie: "I love our guys no matter what."

7 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Dude, the wind just crushed that ball!

I know right, the first 10-15 yards it was dead center then suddenly a hard right turn. I kind of wanted Buffalo to win.

Edited by HDsportsfan