New general manager?

8 minutes ago, mission27 said:

I wonder if its ever occurred to RKK that any QB capable of being permanently sabotaged by Belichick's mind games was never going to be the next Brady anyway

Like I said in the other thread, there's no scenario in which RKK isn't part of the problem, just by virtue of him being where he is.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

https://nesn.com/2024/01/adam-schefter-provides-insight-on-patriots-gm-search/

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2024/01/patriots-new-gm-timeline-may-be-very-surprising.html

Some better reporting here^ seems like Kraft is taking the same approach with Mayo as he did will Bill in 2000.

meaning… Mayo is allowed to have say on personnel department and is searching outside of the organization currently but retaining some already within it too. My guess is Trey Brown.

3 minutes ago, Apparition said:

I hope it's Brown because that gives us a leg up in the Tee Higgins sweepstakes.

he was here ‘10-‘12 and that’s when the Pats nailed it in the draft. 2013 on and the Pats sucked until maybe 2022 or 2023 and even still that is debatable. Brown has a relationship with Mayo apparently so I think this is who they’re targeting. Fortunately for them the Bengals aren’t in the playoffs so hopefully the reports of Mayo talking with people are centered around Brown and negotiations.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 12:29 PM, DoleINGout said:

the pats are apparently waiting to do a GM until after the draft this according to schefter and phil perry. sticking with groh and wolf until then. this whole thing just feels likw theyre clueless and were lucky brady entered the picture after the parcells years.

What I see/read is Jonathan want's to be the new Jerry Jones !!!!

Best way for that to happen is keep all the "yes" men in house.

There's not one fool that would let Groh near the draft !!!!!!

Thornton is the one pick that tells me he has no clue how to draft.

Who the heck takes a Baylor WR, who takes a 100 lbs WR, who fall for the combine hero and who takes a WR that has absolute no skill.

Runs a 4.2 plays at 10 seconds !!!

Ray Agnew played for the Patriots in the early 90’s pre-Parcells overlapping after ‘93 for a season or two. He has been with the Rams (17-20) and now Lions (21-present) and given that he is a black GM and that is important to Mayo, I think there is a chance that this is the guy who they are after. Trey Brown on the Bengals has a relationship with Mayo and worked here so I don’t rule him out, in fact Brown is still a favorite. But given that the Lions are in the playoffs and nothing has been announces in the GM search, I think the Pats may be waiting to formally go through the process with Agnew before deciding between him, Brown, Harvard grad Dodds on the Eagles who trained closely under Elliot Wolf’s dad, Elliot Wolf who is in house, and one of the of the other names from the first page.

7 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Ray Agnew played for the Patriots in the early 90’s pre-Parcells overlapping after ‘93 for a season or two. He has been with the Rams (17-20) and now Lions (21-present) and given that he is a black GM and that is important to Mayo, I think there is a chance that this is the guy who they are after. Trey Brown on the Bengals has a relationship with Mayo and worked here so I don’t rule him out, in fact Brown is still a favorite. But given that the Lions are in the playoffs and nothing has been announces in the GM search, I think the Pats may be waiting to formally go through the process with Agnew before deciding between him, Brown, Harvard grad Dodds on the Eagles who trained closely under Elliot Wolf’s dad, Elliot Wolf who is in house, and one of the of the other names from the first page.

I see color comments, IMO could of been handle better. That's all I'll say. His actions will say a lot about Mayo.  That's it from me. I'm back to football. Done.