Expected Off-Season?

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Steve Wilks was relieved of duties for DC in SF. He is the ideal assistant head coach/senior defensive coach for Jerod Mayo and staff.

Not a fan.  Especially watching the defense collapse at the end of the SB. He went all Matty P played soft went to prevent which is the kiss of death when you face a great QB. We watched Brady do that for 20 years.

SF defense loaded and they were killing it before the change.

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Not a fan.  Especially watching the defense collapse at the end of the SB. He went all Matty P played soft went to prevent which is the kiss of death when you face a great QB. We watched Brady do that for 20 years.

SF defense loaded and they were killing it before the change.

They also did well in the playoffs overall and in general this season and if you talk to informed Niners fans like @Forge they will tell you that Wilks wasn’t even running a defense under his own construction; he was handcuffed schematically by some of the structure in place when he arrived.

With his experience and acumen as a competent defensive mind, you can’t so much better to add an assistant coach to a guy like Mayo or Covington on defense than Wilks. He would be like a defensive version of Ben McAdoo to the staff but with a higher pedigree.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 10:56 PM, DoleINGout said:

Baker Mayfield $28m

Mike Evans $23m

Hunter Henry $12m

Marvin Harrison Jr.

Michael Onwenu $16.5

How would you feel if this was what the Patriots primary off-season spending looked like?

Thrilled beyond belief, with the possible exception of Onwenu. Every Pats game I caught this year it looked like the right side of our line was getting steamrolled, so I've never figured out the big hype about him...

8 minutes ago, Vachon777 said:

Thrilled beyond belief, with the possible exception of Onwenu. Every Pats game I caught this year it looked like the right side of our line was getting steamrolled, so I've never figured out the big hype about him...

that’s fair. Probably going to cost more like $35m annual value for Mayfield anyways who I think is a favorite to be the Pats day 1 starter.

On 1/20/2024 at 9:09 AM, DoleINGout said:

nyg trade pick 6&39 to ne for pick 3 for jayden daniels. at pick 6 pats take michael penix jr. and then package picks 34&39 to move up to pick 14 that the saints hold. at pick 14 pats pick brian thomas jr.

I still like this trade scenario but instead of taking penix at 6 they take joe alt. the trade up for a wide receiver is still legit although mccarthy/rattler/penix i could see there to develop behind baker mayfield or some combination of jacoby brissett/tyler huntley/gardner minshew/joe flacco

most likely result to me is staying at 3 and taking one of the qbs, mhj, or joe alt.

baker mayfield / joe flacco / joe milton iii

rhamondre stevenson / antonio gibson / ty johnson / rookie

harrison bryant / pharoh brown / mycole pruitt

joe alt / cornelius lucas 

cole strange / david edwards 

david andrews / jake andrews

kevin zeitler / sidy sow

michael onwenu / jack driscoll

mike evans / keon coleman / trent sherfield / demario douglas / brandon powell / kendrick bourne*

greg joseph / joe cardona / bryce baringer

keion white / deatrich wise

christian wilkins / jeremiah pharms jr

christian barmore / rookie / sam roberts

matt judon / rookie

anfernee jennings / rookie

jawhaun bentley / mack wilson

jahlani tavai / raekwon mcmillian

christian gonzalez

jonathan “rudy” ford / marte mapu 

jabrill peppers / rookie / brenden schooler

alex austin / isaiah bolden

jonathan jones / marcus jones

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I still like this trade scenario but instead of taking penix at 6 they take joe alt. the trade up for a wide receiver is still legit although mccarthy/rattler/penix i could see there to develop behind baker mayfield or some combination of jacoby brissett/tyler huntley/gardner minshew/joe flacco

most likely result to me is staying at 3 and taking one of the qbs, mhj, or joe alt.

#6 + #39 is terrible value for #3. In '18 Jets traded #6, #37, #49 and a '19 2nd (#34) to move up 3 spots to #3 to draft Sam Darnold. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, silence22 said:

#6 + #39 is terrible value for #3. In '18 Jets traded #6, #37, #49 and a '19 2nd (#34) to move up 3 spots to #3 to draft Sam Darnold. 

Even better then. I was going by trade value chart instead of history when I made that post.

On 2/15/2024 at 5:25 PM, Vachon777 said:

I agree. 

I think he's a good player at OG however he looked all world compare to what they had a right tackle.  It's the same for me with Dugger. He is a good player however he no way close to being a top safety.  Also box safety is not a high priority when it comes to a roster/cap management. Pats history proves that EX Peppers and Philips picked up for short money. 

You pay accordingly not top dollar for both.

IMO many Pats fans overrate so called fan favorites. 

Note:  If they pay Dugger than what is Peppers worth who I think is a better player.

On 2/16/2024 at 1:28 PM, DoleINGout said:

kevin zeitler / sidy sow

mike evans / keon coleman / trent sherfield / demario douglas / brandon powell / kendrick bourne*

matt judon / rookie

christian gonzalez

welp I’m on the right track with my latest off-season predictions including Guy and Phillips being cap casualties … (in pursuit of big ticket free agents Baker Mayfield/Mike Evans package deal and Springfield, MA native/huge Pats fan growing up Christian Wilkins hopefully).

Edited by DoleINGout

On 2/16/2024 at 1:28 PM, DoleINGout said:

kevin zeitler / sidy sow

matt judon / rookie

christian gonzalez

same scenario, all the same signings, WITH THE EXCEPTION of this variation the result of extra compensation in the trade down from 3 AND the previously stated alternative selection of a QB in a trade back into first round instead of a WR. I flip flop between Onwenu/Dugger being the “big re-sign” and QB/WR being the position they target with a second first round pick this April:

baker mayfield / joe flacco / spencer rattler

rhamondre stevenson / ty johnson / antonio gibson / rookie

harrison bryant / pharoh brown / mycole pruitt

joe alt / cornelius lucas 

kevin zeitler / sidy sow

jack driscoll / rookie

mike evans / kendrick bourne / trent sherfield / demario douglas / brandon powell / rookie

christian wilkins / jeremiah pharms jr

christian barmore / rookie / sam roberts

matt judon / rookie

jawhaun bentley / marte mapu

christian gonzalez

kyle dugger / brenden schooler

jabrill peppers / jonathan “rudy” ford 

oh yes, and I think we should expect Davon Godchaux to be traded or cut outright if necessary at some point should they secure Christian Wilkins like I think and hope they will.

same fate awaits at least one of juju smith-schuster ans devante parker or probably both. mac jones ans bailey zappe are goners too via trades most likely. ezekiel elliott will probably like to stay but ultimately go back with the cowboys. hunter henry is a bit expensive but mayo likes his leadership so we’ll see what happens with the bigger free agents before him.

Edited by DoleINGout

On 2/19/2024 at 10:43 PM, DoleINGout said:

juju smith-schuster ans devante parker or probably both.

Cap is not something  I pay attention to, so are you saying we can get rid of both?  MOF I could care less about the cap, get rid of both. They are the poster boys of the Pats failure post Brady.

Strange,Thornton and Strong is right there as well.

The painter of this mess, Stat Boy Groh should go as well.