2024 Off-Season Official Visits/Rumors/Reports

What I was pushing back on in my comment was the notion that there is somehow a guaranteed road to success by trading the #3 overall pick and stock piling.  The people who endorse the patriots going that route paint the picture of "We can either roll the dice with a QB, or trade the pick get a pro-bowl LT, a #1 Wr with our 2nd round pick, Bo Nix with the the other 2nd rounder we picked up, and then we'll have two first next year to go get Shedeur Sanders if we still need a QB."  In reality, the likelihood of the Pat's hitting on all or even half of those picks is also extremely unlikely. 

I understand that most of your high end LTs are high 1st round picks.  I also think that Alt will probably end up being a good player.  But the way some people talk about draft prospects you'd think that there were 20 or 30 can't miss athletes in this draft.  My point was only that both routes come with a degree of risk, neither is sure fire win, and I'd perfer to roll the dice on the QB position.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, prob2236 said:

What I was pushing back on in my comment was the notion that there is somehow a guaranteed road to success by trading the #3 overall pick and stock piling.  The people who endorse the patriots going that route paint the picture of "We can either roll the dice with a QB, or trade the pick get a pro-bowl LT, a #1 Wr with our 2nd round pick, Bo Nix with the the other 2nd rounder we picked up, and then we'll have two first next year to go get Shedeur Sanders if we still need a QB."  In reality, the likelihood of the Pat's hitting on all or even half of those picks is also extremely unlikely. 

I understand that most of your high end LTs are high 1st round picks.  I also think that Alt will probably end up being a good player.  But the way some people talk about draft prospects you'd think that there were 20 or 30 can't miss athletes in this draft.  My point was only that both routes come with a degree of risk, neither is sure fire win, and I'd perfer to roll the dice on the QB position.

Trade #3 to the Giants for #6, #47, 2025 FRP, let the Giants take Jayden Daniels and the Patriots can take Alt, Nabers, or McCarthy.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Soko said:

Signed Steelers OT Okorafor. He’s got experience, not sure what else to make beyond that. Don’t see the numbers yet, either.

Just think he's the only OT on the roster!!!!!!! 

Okorafor signed a 1-year deal with a base value of $4M and a maximum value of $8.25M.

Edited by m haynes

7 hours ago, m haynes said:

Just think he's the only OT on the roster!!!!!!! 

Okorafor signed a 1-year deal with a base value of $4M and a maximum value of $8.25M.

Looks like he’s this year’s Riley Reiff, but:

- He’s 100 years younger

- He’s actually stayed relatively healthy recently

If he’s the 6th tackle/low end starter, can’t be upset with it. Probably pricey for a backup, but if it means we don’t see Tyrone Wheatley or Vederian Lowe out there..,

Also have Hunter Henry back at $27M/3 years. Much less than I thought he’d sign for. 

I know his production hasn’t been there (whose really has been though?) but I’m excited he’s back. Locker room leader, and he showed last year he’s still got the goods.

5 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I think he was banged up but gets less separation than the contract he got.

Definitely not a huge separator. Nor is he a powerful blocker. 

I do think he’s got reliable hands (probably most reliable of anyone these past few years), is versatile enough to play in most offenses, and does have some playmaking to him, even if the separation isn’t fully there. Plus he’s a good locker room presence, which the offense as a whole will be severely lacking in 2024. Really just Andrews, and I’m not even fully sure that he’s playing this year. 

I know you were hoping to bring Harrison Bryant in (they still may), but I think bringing Bryant in to play TE1 is a clear downgrade that you hope has an awakening come 2024. I think starting caliber TEs this offseason are going to be hard to come by, so I’m happy locking in Henry, even if he’s not a world beater. $9M AAV is going rate for a starting TE on their second contract, IMO.

17 hours ago, Soko said:

Looks like he’s this year’s Riley Reiff, but:

- He’s 100 years younger

- He’s actually stayed relatively healthy recently

If he’s the 6th tackle/low end starter, can’t be upset with it. Probably pricey for a backup, but if it means we don’t see Tyrone Wheatley or Vederian Lowe out there..,

Ha Ha Ha    🤣 👍

9 hours ago, Soko said:

Definitely not a huge separator. Nor is he a powerful blocker. 

I do think he’s got reliable hands (probably most reliable of anyone these past few years), is versatile enough to play in most offenses, and does have some playmaking to him, even if the separation isn’t fully there. Plus he’s a good locker room presence, which the offense as a whole will be severely lacking in 2024. Really just Andrews, and I’m not even fully sure that he’s playing this year. 

I know you were hoping to bring Harrison Bryant in (they still may), but I think bringing Bryant in to play TE1 is a clear downgrade that you hope has an awakening come 2024. I think starting caliber TEs this offseason are going to be hard to come by, so I’m happy locking in Henry, even if he’s not a world beater. $9M AAV is going rate for a starting TE on their second contract, IMO.

I just think that $9m AAV is too much for scheme flexibility at mediocre output and a leadership/culture guy in the locker room.

In the draft, I would like to see them get Ben Sinnot of K-State (Jordy Nelson/Packers/Wolf history?) and Rei Tipmann.

There are plenty of other solid tight ends in addition to Byrant on the market for cheap. I think the contract Henry has now could have been platooned at his position more effectively if nothing else.

Posted (edited)

Baker gone back to Tampa. Was a given once Evans somewhat surprisingly re-signed IMO.

Big board of QB’s left:

Justin Fields

Jacoby Brissett

Gardner Minshew

Russell Wilson

Tyler Huntley

Ryan Tannehill

Joe Flacco

Drew Lock

Edited by DoleINGout
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 2:16 PM, NYRaider said:

Trade #3 to the Giants for #6, #47, 2025 FRP, let the Giants take Jayden Daniels and the Patriots can take Alt, Nabers, or McCarthy.

i'm hoping the Vikings can get McCarthy in a trade with the LAC at #5.

well, i'm actually hoping we could get him at an even lower slot, but as of this week that looks unlikely.

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Baker gone back to Tampa. Was a given once Evans somewhat surprisingly re-signed IMO.

Big board of QB’s left:

Justin Fields

Jacoby Brissett

Gardner Minshew

Russell Wilson

Tyler Huntley

Ryan Tannehill

Joe Flacco

Drew Lock

Let’s add Mason Rudolph in there with the Tannehill and under tier