Epyon's post senior bowl mock draft(s?)

Epyon

Didn't want too clutter other's threads, or the main draft thread with Mocks drafts... but my current mock as of 2/4/24:

Rules:

-Draft only, I enjoy scouting draft picks not managing salary cap.

-One trade down limit... but allowed to trade back in with future capital if really want too (I don't in this one, but if I stand at 9 I'd probably also drop next year's first to try and get back into the top 50 again this year)

-PFN draft sim

-No drafting people who noticeably "fall" below predicted range.

Predraft:  Fields traded to Atlanta for pick #43... And that's it.  I don't think his market is that good, tbh.. Getsy interviewed with a number of teams that he could be traded to and likely blamed Fields at every interview to try and make himself look better.

Actual draft:

1.1   Caleb Williams-QB   Obvious pick for me, he's #3-4 on my QBs since 2013, behind Burrow and Mahomes.... but arguably tied with Lawrence.

1.9 Trade down Bengals Our  1.9 for their  (1.18, 2.49, and 3.80).  I am lower on Odunze than most and he was the top receiver here. Bowers-TE might be an option, but it limits scheme a bit.

1.18  Jackson Powers Johnson-OC  Post Senior Bowl (over)reaction, but I want this dude on our team. Stability at QB and OC for hopefully a generation. Maybe a bit early for him/bad positional value, but it's a critical need, and a quality player.

2.43  Troy Franklin-WR   It was Franklin or Ladd McConky here.... I think this spot is undervaluing Franklin a bit, as I think the most likely scenario is KC snags him at the end of the 1st. He also has a bit more size than Ladd does, even if Ladd is an -=outstanding=- route runner. I'd be happy with either, but I like Franklin's deep threat ability to pair with Caleb a bit more.

2.59 Christian Haynes-OG   Arguably the best OG in the class. I have zero faith in Tevin's back  or Nate Davis right now, and actively working to replace both with at least immediate depth if not outright competition.

3.75  Roman Wilson-WR  This kid lit up the Senior Bowl and this might be too low on him,  but it's a steal at this point (draft sim had him ~20 slots lower, I have him as a mid-late 2nd rounder right now).... He's not that big, but he gets open. Targetting this guy is part off the reason I chose Troy Franklin over Ladd Mconkey, the WR room will be relatively undersized....but EVERYONE in it will be really strong at route running/getting open.

3.80 Brealon Allen-RB  I had a few choices here like Oregon's back Bucky Irving, who is more shifty/dynamic as well as being a Chicago native. However, Allen has elite size, but still moves like a back 30 lbs lighter. I went this route for the option of physicality and the higher upside as a pass blocker. I think he compliments Roschon more as another "hammer", and I'll probably look for the more scat type back when Herbert moves on in the future.  I also went this route because going with Irving would have been another relatively smaller sized skill position player, and I did want to add some size.

4.110  Cade Stover-TE   I like him as a kind of "do everything" guy who is more of a pure backup to Kmet initially, but might get some action in 12 personnel if he proves himself.  

4.122 Christian Jones-OT  He's really low rated on the board, but he had a solid Senior Bowl.  I bring him in for Swing Tackle depth.

5.142  Credric Johnson-DE   This is more a shot in the dark at pass rusher depth.  I'd also considered Jawhar Jordan- RB as more of the "explosive 3rd down guy" but I don't think there's really room on the roster right now.

Edited by Epyon

Nice job.

I can see passing on WR at 9 as draft is pretty deep at WR and we find ourselves saying that every year now.

WR seems to be most coveted football position for great athletes to play now outside of QB.  Usually at least 3-4 great ones in every draft and another 7 good ones.  

I never would complain much about drafting top OTs and Cs.

That is what Detroit did right and I said it at time a few years ago..  Get two good OTs and a good C and you have a good OL.  And it is hard to have a bad football team with a good OL.  Gs are relatively easy to find.

That being said I think Alt and Bowers may be special players.  Going to be really hard to pass them up if they are on the board.

And honestly I haven't even looked closely at Alt.  Just everything I hear about him reminds me of Joe Thomas 2.0.  Former TE.  Monster, Great athlete, smart, etc., etc. 

Getting an elite LT on your team is second to me only behind getting an elite QB.  Great pass rushers are great too, but usually shorter lifespans. 

A great LT can be plug and play for 8 years plus and they are really hard to find.

Bowers may be best U TE prospect I have ever seen in college football. 

U TEs aren't super valuable unless you get a repo ire with a QB like Kelce/Mahomes, but he is a heck of a prospect for that position.