2025 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (Edited 3/24/24)

Ozzy

Downs will certainly be a starter and not split snaps with anyone. CJ Hicks was the top MLB in the country coming out of high school, a top 10 guy who has looked the part. He was just stuck behind Eichenberg and Chambers. Styles got on the field sooner as we were thinner in the secondary. Sonny may spend a lot of time in the box but I think Simon and Hicks will be the starting LB combo. 

4 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

Is Shedeur Sanders considered a likely top 40 talent?

I haven’t scouted him per se. But I’m a little surprised he’s all the way up there.

There are some that thought he could declare this year and be a 1st round pick.  I did not really agree with that but with all the QBs that decided to not declare for the draft who knows.  He can spread the ball around well and is accurate and can take pressure and still make plays.  But it is pretty nuts the sacks he takes, took 35 as a freshman at Jackson State, 23 the year after and a nuts 52 at Colorado but that OL was awful.  But it probably still is an awful OL not sure they improved it that much in the portal.

I would say Shedeur is right there with Beck who has a far superior supporting cast at Georgia.  And he is right there with Leonard who is arguably more talented than both physically but still has a long ways to go as a passer and who knows if he can stay healthy with how focused he is on running the football at times.  Shedeur is catered to completely by his father but could also argue his father would have never had the success he has had at Jackson State without Shedeur as his QB and even at Colorado, say Shedeur declared that team would be a mess and is one really without him as the QB.

He is no question a potential 1st rounder and honestly I was not shocked by the failure of that Colorado football team, they were so ridiculously overhyped to start the year but played in the Pac-12 and had one hell of a schedule.  It will be easier next year in the Big 12 but still not sure Colorado is this great team by any means either.  Shedeur is one of the best QBs in the country though that is pretty clear so why would he not be considered a 1st round pick.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

There are some that thought he could declare this year and be a 1st round pick.  I did not really agree with that but with all the QBs that decided to not declare for the draft who knows.  He can spread the ball around well and is accurate and can take pressure and still make plays.  But it is pretty nuts the sacks he takes, took 35 as a freshman at Jackson State, 23 the year after and a nuts 52 at Colorado but that OL was awful.  But it probably still is an awful OL not sure they improved it that much in the portal.

I would say Shedeur is right there with Beck who has a far superior supporting cast at Georgia.  And he is right there with Leonard who is arguably more talented than both physically but still has a long ways to go as a passer and who knows if he can stay healthy with how focused he is on running the football at times.  Shedeur is catered to completely by his father but could also argue his father would have never had the success he has had at Jackson State without Shedeur as his QB and even at Colorado, say Shedeur declared that team would be a mess and is one really without him as the QB.

He is no question a potential 1st rounder and honestly I was not shocked by the failure of that Colorado football team, they were so ridiculously overhyped to start the year but played in the Pac-12 and had one hell of a schedule.  It will be easier next year in the Big 12 but still not sure Colorado is this great team by any means either.  Shedeur is one of the best QBs in the country though that is pretty clear so why would he not be considered a 1st round pick.  

Well my thought was consistency. But like I said, haven’t actually scouted him yet. Maybe he’s more refined than I’ve seen at a glance.