2024 Offseason: The Combine

swede700

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

The NFC is full of teams that have warts. Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, and Detroit all have flaws. I think it became very obvious at the end of last season that no team in the NFC was unstoppable. I think it is laughable that people are proclaiming them to be great teams before free agency has even started. Dallas and Philadelphia are definitely poised to take steps back because they are paying inadequate quarterbacks elite quarterback money. Hurts and Prescott are great on rookie deals. $50MM plus per season? Not so much. 

It will also be interesting how Eagles oline fares without Kelce.  He was a force and a glue on that offense. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

The NFC is full of teams that have warts. Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, and Detroit all have flaws. I think it became very obvious at the end of last season that no team in the NFC was unstoppable. I think it is laughable that people are proclaiming them to be great teams before free agency has even started. Dallas and Philadelphia are definitely poised to take steps back because they are paying inadequate quarterbacks elite quarterback money. Hurts and Prescott are great on rookie deals. $50MM plus per season? Not so much. 

I agree.  All of the teams in the NFC are tremendously flawed.  Even the Vikings, if Kirk had been there the entire season, I could have made an argument that they could be lumped in with the teams mentioned.  The closest team to not being flawed was the 49ers and even they showed their flaws when the chips were down in the Super Bowl.  The reality is as I see it is that the parity that the NFL has wanted has led to mediocrity across the board.  That mediocrity opens up the door for even teams like the current Falcons. 

Edited by swede700

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I agree.  All of the teams in the NFC are tremendously flawed.  Even the Vikings, if Kirk had been there the entire season, I could have made an argument that they could be lumped in with the teams mentioned.  The closest team to not being flawed was the 49ers and even they showed their flaws when the chips were down in the Super Bowl.  The reality is as I see it is that the parity that the NFL has wanted has led to mediocrity across the board.  That mediocrity opens up the door for even teams like the current Falcons. 

The 49ers, I think, were more valued than they should've been. I was expecting a juggernaut, especially on defense. I really don't think they would have beaten the Bills or the Ravens either. Which is ok by me, as Kyle Shanahan has always rubbed me the wrong way. I think he's bought into the hype of his creative genius. At this point SF is going to have decisions to make about their roster as it ages and gets more expensive over the next couple of years.