Gameday Thread: Detroit vs Chicago

Nnivolcm

1 hour ago, Rockcity2 said:

Must be the problem you can't see it

You can say he shows promise but I can't say I'm not seeing it.. little power little burst no real long speed just average what does he do great? His pass pro isn't there.. ain't no different than zz if you ask me

It's almost like you're being intentionally vague in your posts so that it's difficult to respond to your points. I'll just go ahead and state my argument instead.

First off, I'm not expecting him to be an all pro. He's an undrafted rookie. My expectations are pretty low.  That being said. He has shown a lot of good things. His size and play style remind me a lot of Joique Bell. He has a better nose for the hole than either Abdullah or Riddick. From what I've seen his running style is one cut and get up the field, and in limited action, he's been effective with that style despite sub par blocking. Despite being a bigger back, he has already managed to break a few bigger plays. He runs hard, has a couple shifty moves, and always seems to fall forward. Rookie RBs typically do struggle in pass defense, but I haven't noticed any significant blown assignments from him. Do you have any examples?

I'm not crowning him the next AD or Beastmode, but it'd be pretty foolish to dismiss him after so small of sample size, especially when he's been more effective than our other options.

12 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

You can tell that in 26 career attempts against pretty stout run defenses with sub par blocking? You should be doing this for a living.

Personally, I think he's looked like our best pure runner so far this season. He's young and is clearly still learning, but he's shown promise imo. 

He’s shown enough that he deserves more carries.

i like his patience. He’s good at letting a hole develop then hitting it. Not a world beater but the type of running style that won’t hurt you.

Archived