FF's Big Board #3

MaddHatter

Who is the 3rd Best Prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the 3rd Best Prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft?

• Drake Maye
    • Jayden Daniels
    • Malik Nabers
    • Rome Odunze
    • Joe Alt
    • Amarius Mims
    • Olu Fashanu
    • Taliese Fuaga
    • Cooper DeJean
    • Quinyon Mitchell
    • Nate Wiggins
    • Jared Verse
    • Dallas Turner
    • Chop Robinson
    • Brock Bowers
    • Byron Murphy
    • Jer'Zhan Newton
    • Jackson Powers-Johnson
    • Graham Barton
    • Other (Post in Thread)

Curious to hear people's thoughts on Drake/Jayden vs. Joe vs. Malik - taking positional value out of the equation, I don't see an argument for Jayden, but I can see Drake if you have him over Caleb.  Joe is the "Safest" pick to me then Malik.  Both QB's are high risk, high reward, with Drake having the higher floor IMO.

16 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I think Alt's floor is Kolton Miller who is a very good LT.

Agreed - never a sure thing in the NFL Draft, but with Alt you're 95% sure you're locking up your LT for the next decade+

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Agreed - never a sure thing in the NFL Draft, but with Alt you're 95% sure you're locking up your LT for the next decade+

Yeah.  That's how i look at it.

I'm still not sure he's ever going to be "the very best" LT in the league.  But he's got every tool, rare technical polish for a prospect, and seems to have all the work ethic, student of the game, and drive to be a well above average at worst LT for a decade+.  I take that every day and twice on Sundays.  It feels like a Jake Matthews sort of situation to me.  The "floor" is unusually high...but i don't think you're really giving up much in terms of "ceiling" there either.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Yeah, I think Jake Matthew’s is a solid comp.  Interesting spread of votes but will see how it looks in the morning before we move on

Yeah.  Assuming Alt takes this...i'd be really curious to see how all those votes "run off" to a next option.  Seems like there's a real split amongst other voters between a QB (which?) and Pass Catcher (which?).  Where would Alt voters go next?  What sort of split would there be...or does that whole bloc just mostly move somewhere else altogether?  lol.