Al Harris promoted

textaz03

Cowboys Promoting Al Harris To Assistant Head Coach

https://x.com/nfltrade_rumors/status/1769500180959613070?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

New: I’m told #Cowboys defensive backs coach Al Harris is expected to be promoted —adding Assistant Head Coach to his current title, per source. 

Kudos to head coach Mike McCarthy for making this move.

https://x.com/josinaanderson/status/1769499221944639619?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

• 2 weeks later...

So that's the title. But what will be his responsibilities? 

McCarthy had an assistant HC before, some no name loser with no experience who basically just called down and told him when and when not to throw the red flag.

Typical assistant HC duties can really vary from team to team and coach to coach. Some help manage game decisions like when to throw the flag, when to go for it on 4th, etc. some actually are just the team Turk, waiting at the entrance on cut down day to ask for the playbook and to go see the coach. Others actually assist in creating the base practice schedules, media events, and aid in filling out the coaching staff, while others still assist in creating an off or def call sheet and gameplan week by week to take some burden off of the HC if they are also calling the plays. 

I doubt the last one is Harris, since McCarthy calls offense and Harris is on D.

I'm curious if this promotion is just a title to playcate him for blocking his move to Washington, or if this is actually a move intended to groom him for a larger role and give him more responsibility this season. But given he is not assisting Zimmer but McCarthy, I think it's more just a silly title. And maybe throwing the flag.

**ANYONE remember the old Flintstones movie with Rick Morranis and Rosie Odonnel? He's "Vice President of Industrial Procurement!"

Edited by Dallas94Ware