The Cheezwiz Easter Mock

Updating this thread so I don't spam the forum with new ones.

My strategy here is to go defense early and often and get us back to the level of defense we saw in 2010. I wouldn't be surprised if we go get an offensive lineman in round 1, but I am not going to go in that direction in this mock. I think with this deep of an O line class, we can nab some talent on days two and three to serve as backups and provide some competition to the starters. I think these picks are better served on defense where we have struggled to be even mediocre for a long time. Secondly, I am not considering WR in any capacity. We are loaded there with Malik Heath and Bo Melton providing promising reps last season. No shot in my book. I'm happy with it overall though I did not work in RB earlier and I did not grab us one of the H-Backs. That could come in a later mock - I wanted to double to up in a few positions instead. 

Happy Easter!

25. Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa

dejean.jpg

41. Javon Bullard, DB, Georgia

javon.jpg

javon-ras.jpg

58. Marshawn Kneeland, DL/ED, Western Michigan

marshawn-knee.jpg

marshawn-knee-ras1.jpg

And his RAS for DE:

marshawn-knee-ras2.jpg

88. Christian Mahogany, OG, BC

mahogany.jpg

mahogany-ras.jpg

91. Marist Liufau, LB, Notre Dame

marist.jpg

marist-ras.jpg

126. Tanor Bortolini, OC, Wisconsin

tanor.jpg

tanor-ras.jpg

169. Jowon Briggs, DT, Cincinnati

jowon.jpg

jowon-ras.jpg

Had some nutty pro day numbers, most notably the 39 bench reps.

202. Caedan Wallace, OT, Penn St

caedan.jpg

caedan-ras.jpg

219. Curtis Jacobs, LB, Penn St.

curtis.jpg

curtis-ras.jpg

245. Rasheen Ali, RB, Marshall

rasheen.jpg

255. Will Reichard, K, Alabama

reichard.jpg

Look forward to your thoughts!

Edited by sgtcheezwiz
  • Like 1

Nicely done! A few notes:

RB Tracy is absolutely one of my guys this year too. I think he has every skill you look for in a third down back - coaches loved his enthusiasm at pass blocking when learning it the last couple seasons. A recent convert to RB, his latest coaches were baffled that he was miscast as a WR for so long. 

Also big on Bortolini (although I think he goes by the 5th) 

Mahogany is one of my favorite guard prospects as well. Should be one of the guys in that tier who could be available in the late-third, so perfectly reasonable location. 

I'm turned off by Wilson's injury history and thin frame, despite the high ras, but if the Packers brass have inspected his medicals and approve, then I'm on board. He has everything else we look for. 

DeJean is my number one (realistic) dream for our first rounder. Less inclined for a sub-300lb DT like Newton in the first - maybe a guy that size in the second or third might be better. But I haven't seen his tape, so if he really is special I'd be open to it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

Nicely done! A few notes:

RB Tracy is absolutely one of my guys this year too. I think he has every skill you look for in a third down back - coaches loved his enthusiasm at pass blocking when learning it the last couple seasons. A recent convert to RB, his latest coaches were baffled that he was miscast as a WR for so long. 

Also big on Bortolini (although I think he goes by the 5th) 

Mahogany is one of my favorite guard prospects as well. Should be one of the guys in that tier who could be available in the late-third, so perfectly reasonable location. 

I'm turned off by Wilson's injury history and thin frame, despite the high ras, but if the Packers brass have inspected his medicals and approve, then I'm on board. He has everything else we look for. 

DeJean is my number one (realistic) dream for our first rounder. Less inclined for a sub-300lb DT like Newton in the first - maybe a guy that size in the second or third might be better. But I haven't seen his tape, so if he really is special I'd be open to it. 

Appreciate it!!

Love Tracey to come in and bring something a little different than Jacob’s and Dillon.

Yeah Wilson’s injury history is definitely concerning. I wouldn’t be upset at all if we pass him up for Cooper (not exactly sure where I think Coop will go). Playing the last two full seasons is encouraging though but still wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not even on Guteys board. 

Hear ya about Newton, think he would be great next to Kenny though. That said, HUGE fan of Kris Jenkins too.

Saw one of your posts in the other thread about Edge talent dropping off a cliff after the second - couldn’t agree more with that! 

• Like 1

I'd switch Boyd and Bartolini in the 1st mock around to reflect where they're most likely going to land. I could take or leave either draft, but want no part of Payton Wilson simply due to the injury history. I think we pull the trigger on Edgerrin Cooper and/or Trevin Wallace instead. I like that you gave us options here as well. Good work.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rosser80 said:

I'd switch Boyd and Bartolini in the 1st mock around to reflect where they're most likely going to land. I could take or leave either draft, but want no part of Payton Wilson simply due to the injury history. I think we pull the trigger on Edgerrin Cooper and/or Trevin Wallace instead. I like that you gave us options here as well. Good work.

Yeah I can totally see Wilson not even being on our board. I would be fine taking Cooper there to be honest, that second round is difficult to project right now.
Boyd and Bartolini change is easy peasy 👌Appreciate the feedback! 

Also, Isaac is probably too small to be on our board too. At some point I’ll update this thread with an updated mock, don’t want to flood the board with em though. 

On 3/26/2024 at 7:36 AM, sgtcheezwiz said:

Also, Isaac is probably too small to be on our board too. At some point I’ll update this thread with an updated mock, don’t want to flood the board with em though. 

I think the horrendous 3-cone drill would keep him off our board actually. Rashan Gary was exactly 30 lb.s heavier when he tested and his time was over half a second quicker than Isaac's.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Rosser80 said:

I think the horrendous 3-cone drill would keep him off our board actually. Rashan Gary was exactly 30 lb.s heavier when he tested and his time was over half a second quicker than Isaac's.

Hmm, I saw a tweet saying he ran a 6.99 in the 3 cone at his pro day and that it would have been the fastest time at the combine. Don’t think he ran it at the combine.

Edited by sgtcheezwiz

6 hours ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Hmm, I saw a tweet saying he ran a 6.99 in the 3 cone at his pro day and that it would have been the fastest time at the combine. Don’t think he ran it at the combine.

He did and it was a 7.81. They had it up on his NFL draft profile last night when I posted that and it's now not there.....hmmmm....guess I'll have to post screenshots instead of links from now on...🤔

• Like 1

I don't see Tracy. Will most likely sit next season and I believe he's 24 years old. Imo he's a tad bit up in age and I see packers aiming for 21-22years of age. If we needed a RB to come in right away he would be a nice fit but I see us going more development RB and one who will compliment Jacobs. I can see Allen for sure

• sgtcheezwiz changed the title to The Cheezwiz Easter Mock
On 3/29/2024 at 1:52 PM, A2j1m said:

I don't see Tracy. Will most likely sit next season and I believe he's 24 years old. Imo he's a tad bit up in age and I see packers aiming for 21-22years of age. If we needed a RB to come in right away he would be a nice fit but I see us going more development RB and one who will compliment Jacobs. I can see Allen for sure

I can see Allen too, he is more of the type of runner MLF seems to prefer. Tracey might be older but has very, very low mileage. Thought he might be worth the fifth round to provide something a little different than Jacobs and Dillon.

Not a Kneeland fan and Bullard could easily be found at 58; then again, why double dip at Safety before that? DeJean will be moving to Safety in the league unless they move him to the slot and in a zone. It sounds like Hafley's more of a press man, aggressive coverage type of guy. I don't see that reflected in this mock.

On the other hand, I love the idea of Caeden Wallace and Talor Bartolini though Bartolini will probably be available in the 5th; scouting reports suggest he needs to bulk up a bit more and hit the weightroom.