Marvel Rivals (6v6, Overwatch style game)

New Overwatch-style Marvel game/shooter, Marvel Rivals just got announced:

ZOMG YES! They got my boy, Frank in there, too. Definitely keeping my eyes peeled on this one. It’s currently listed as PC only, but according to leaks, console versions will be released.

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

New Overwatch-style Marvel game/shooter, Marvel Rivals just got announced:

ZOMG YES! They got my boy, Frank in there, too. Definitely keeping my eyes peeled on this one. It’s currently listed as PC only, but according to leaks, console versions will be released.

Interesting artstyle, some promise to it. Like all these overwatch clones it’ll depend on how they build it post launch and how bad microtransactions are.

But I’m interested for sure

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Interesting artstyle, some promise to it. Like all these overwatch clones it’ll depend on how they build it post launch and how bad microtransactions are.

But I’m interested for sure

Kinda weird they included Hulk over Cyclops, though. He’d fit in that kind of game for sure with his eye lasers while Hulk is predominantly a smasher (no pun intended) except for his gamma attacks.

Also curious about the lack of Deadpool, he’s one of their big 3 and he’d fit into a game like this as naturally as Punisher. My guess is they’re saving him off for DLC since you know damn well people will buy that in droves who have the game.

But I’m excited.

Edited by KManX89

43 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Kinda weird they included Hulk over Cyclops, though. He’d fit in that kind of game for sure with his eye lasers.

Also curious about the lack of Deadpool, he’s one of their big 3 and he’d fit into a game like this as naturally as Punisher. My guess is they’re saving him off for DLC since you know damn well people will buy that in droves who have the game.

But I’m excited.

Hopefully the reactions to X-men 97 and the not too distant return of the X-men now in the McU can get Cyclops back into where he should be. He’ll definitely be an easy add at some point. Surprised Wolverine isn’t in there either.

I get why they wanted to mix up playstyles and needed more bruisers. Hulk being a D.Va like character with Banner I guess is there to get him in line with the others.

Current roster is

1. Hulk / Banner
  2. The Punisher
  3. Storm
  4. Loki
  5. Doctor Strange
  6. Mantis
  7. Rocket Raccoon
  8. Black Panther
  9. Groot
  10. Magik
  11. Luna Snow
  12. Iron Man
  13. Spider-man
  14. Magneto
  15. Scarlet Witch
  16. Peni Parker
  17. Star Lord
  18. Namor

Yeah think you are right about Deadpool being an early DLC/New Character. That’s what they did with Midnight Suns. If the Alpha is in May and release is soon after could time Deadpool out with the movie in July. Marvel Snap tries their best to do seasons around MCU releases, sometimes it hits and sometimes the projects get pushed back. Like right now it’s an X-men vs Avengers season timed for the animated show coming back, but next season is Thunderbolts which got pushed back til next year.

If they are using the films partly as a guide, this would be some of the characters 

• Deadpool & Wolverine
  • Kraven the Hunter / Venom
  • Captain America / Red Hulk / Falcon
  • Daredevil / Bullseye
  • Winter Soldier & Black Widow / Ghost / Taskmaster / Sentry
  • Sue Storm, Reed Richards, Johnny Storm and The Thing/ Doctor Doom / Silver Surfer
  • Any Spidey Villians, Miles or any more variants.
  • Ironheart / Ironmonger
  • Wonder Man
  • Warmachine, Vision, Shang-chi, Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye/Kate Bishop, Cassie Lang/Antman/ Wasp

Probably will be a mix of that and just getting popular characters in. Overwatch was at like a 4 month cadence, think this will probably need at least one new character a little sooner than that.

8 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Hopefully the reactions to X-men 97 and the not too distant return of the X-men now in the McU can get Cyclops back into where he should be. He’ll definitely be an easy add at some point. Surprised Wolverine isn’t in there either.

I get why they wanted to mix up playstyles and needed more bruisers. Hulk being a D.Va like character with Banner I guess is there to get him in line with the others.

Current roster is

1. Hulk / Banner
  2. The Punisher
  3. Storm
  4. Loki
  5. Doctor Strange
  6. Mantis
  7. Rocket Raccoon
  8. Black Panther
  9. Groot
  10. Magik
  11. Luna Snow
  12. Iron Man
  13. Spider-man
  14. Magneto
  15. Scarlet Witch
  16. Peni Parker
  17. Star Lord
  18. Namor

Yeah think you are right about Deadpool being an early DLC/New Character. That’s what they did with Midnight Suns. If the Alpha is in May and release is soon after could time Deadpool out with the movie in July. Marvel Snap tries their best to do seasons around MCU releases, sometimes it hits and sometimes the projects get pushed back. Like right now it’s an X-men vs Avengers season timed for the animated show coming back, but next season is Thunderbolts which got pushed back til next year.

If they are using the films partly as a guide, this would be some of the characters 

• Deadpool & Wolverine
  • Kraven the Hunter / Venom
  • Captain America / Red Hulk / Falcon
  • Daredevil / Bullseye
  • Winter Soldier & Black Widow / Ghost / Taskmaster / Sentry
  • Sue Storm, Reed Richards, Johnny Storm and The Thing/ Doctor Doom / Silver Surfer
  • Any Spidey Villians, Miles or any more variants.
  • Ironheart / Ironmonger
  • Wonder Man
  • Warmachine, Vision, Shang-chi, Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye/Kate Bishop, Cassie Lang/Antman/ Wasp

Probably will be a mix of that and just getting popular characters in. Overwatch was at like a 4 month cadence, think this will probably need at least one new character a little sooner than that.

I could see Cable being added down the line as well. And maybe Iceman and Phoenix since they’re one of the original X-Men along with Cyke. Now that I think about it, maybe they are planning on adding the original X-Men as DLC with X-Men 97 coming out and Deadpool to promote Deadpool 3, they’re just waiting for the right time to capitalize on the buzz for each with DLC announcements.

As for Wolverine, that’d be a toughie. He’s not much of a projectile guy. Every character added so far has some kind of projectile-based attack, which is what they’re selling the whole Marvel/Overwatch-style shooter concept on.