Davis Suspended for 2 games

The Gnat

On 12/21/2017 at 8:15 PM, gopherwrestler said:

I don't understand what this argument is even proving? Should Adams probably keep his head on a swivel a little more? Probably, but it really doesn't matter. Both of those hits were clearly illegal and could of been not done by Trevathon and Adams.

I get the argument he should be a little more aware of the surrounding, but that's just about as obvious as saying a QB shouldn't lead the receiver over the middle of the field. Both are going to eventually happen where a guy isn't ready for a hit and a QB will throw it over the middle of the field. (I realize this last part has nothing to do with Adams concussions)

I'm not sure it's necessarily an "argument" anyone is trying to make. Someone just tried to say that if you show a pattern of getting lit up by blindside blocks, you are partially to blame. Not that getting the "one off" hit. But a pattern of getting hit. If a player isnt doing all he can to protect himself, he is part of the problem.

What it has to do with anything is anybody's guess. But it's the truth.

3 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

He isnt to blame for being blasted with an illegal hit. But he is absolutely partially to blame for being blasted with a hit he wasnt looking for. Blindside hits (whether to the head or body, whether with hands or shoulders) are entirely avoidable if a player just doesn't lock onto the ball carrier. It's bad technique, period.

Better technique and smarter football minimizes the chance of being lit up.

Fair enough. 

Archived