The Bears-Offense

I can't remember the Bears having sooooooooo many weapons as these Bears lolz😁🤣

I'm so excited for this season lolz ahahhahahahaahah😁.  The OL got a little better.  That was all we needed for last season.

Can you guys draw up some plays we might see from Waldron?

I'm expecting BIGASS things from Caleb.... ON DAY 1 !

Only one comparable is the Trestman led Bears

Just my opinion on their comparisons 

Cutler > Williams (for now I'll give benefit of the doubt)

Forte >> Swift

Marshall > Allen

Jeffery < Moore

Wilson <<< Odunze

Bennett = Kmet

Bushrod < Jones

Slauson < Jenkins

Garza = Bates

Long >>> Davis

Mills << Wright

And for defense

Houston < Walker

Sutton < Dexter (going off the average play of last year, if just his last half he would be significantly better)

Paea << Billings

Allen <<< Sweat

Jones < Sanborn

Bostic << Edmunds

Briggs << Edwards

Jennings < Stevenson

Fuller > Smith

Conte < Byard

Munte < Brisker

Tillman < Johnson

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

Did you even see Forte play? This isn't even close.

Yeah, Forte is about smack dab between Swift and LaDainian Tomlinson. 

I don't think Swift will be that special here. His ability as a receiver is his best trait, but as a runner I don't think he will be as good in the run game as he was in PHI last year, largely because their OL was just way better than what CHI is putting out this year. Until last year Swift couldn't even start half the games he played in, there is no comparison between him and Forte. 

I like Swift running style...  He's more of a power runner.....  the power from quickness (explosiveness) not from the height/weight. 

I think Forte got all those yards because he was featured more... not because he was efficient.

Let's wait to see what Swift can do for the Bears.

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Only one comparable is the Trestman led Bears

Just my opinion on their comparisons 

Cutler > Williams (for now I'll give benefit of the doubt)

Cutler was an overrated bum.  He rode most of his career on a strong arm and his unrealized potential.

If Caleb ends up with Cutlers career it’s a huge bust of a pick that destines us to another decade of mediocrity.

2 minutes ago, USADave said:

Cutler was an overrated bum.  He rode most of his career on a strong arm and his unrealized potential.

If Caleb ends up with Cutlers career it’s a huge bust of a pick that destines us to another decade of mediocrity.

Never sad career, I am comparing who is there this season compared to that era. It was pretty clear when I said "Trestman led". 

Williams absolutely should be better than Cutler over a career, but expecting him to outperform a 28TD season is unlikely as a rookie. If you expect him to walk in and outperform Dak, RG3 or Herbert's rookie years then you may be disappointed. 

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Never sad career, I am comparing who is there this season compared to that era. It was pretty clear when I said "Trestman led". 

Williams absolutely should be better than Cutler over a career, but expecting him to outperform a 28TD season is unlikely as a rookie. If you expect him to walk in and outperform Dak, RG3 or Herbert's rookie years then you may be disappointed. 

Your opinion might be better than mine, but if Caleb isn’t pushing Cutlers best year as a rookie I will be underwhelmed.  

Cutler had 18 interceptions and 12 fumbles that year.  He had his highest bulk stats in most categories.  Y/A were down, maybe something to do with forte having 100 receptions?  He also didn’t break his INT record of 26. 

That was the pinnacle of his Bears career and he had Marshall, Jeffries, Bennett and Forte.

A few mediocre seasons is the best we’ve had in a lifetime.  Thats going to change. 

5 minutes ago, USADave said:

Your opinion might be better than mine, but if Caleb isn’t pushing Cutlers best year as a rookie I will be underwhelmed.  

If he does do better I won't be entirely shocked. I fully expect him to be a top 10 QB very soon. 

Cutler had 18 interceptions and 12 fumbles that year.  He had his highest bulk stats in most categories.  Y/A were down, maybe something to do with forte having 100 receptions?  He also didn’t break his INT record of 26. 

He definitely had a ton of turnovers, but a big part of that was how aggressive they had to be to compensate for that dumpster of a defense giving up 28ppg. He basically got a Mahomes (Texas Tech) kind of deal, score 30+ or you don't have much of a shot. Again I expect Williams to have a drastically better career than Cutler could have. Poles putting so much talent all around -especially on defense - should make a massive difference this year.  

That was the pinnacle of his Bears career and he had Marshall, Jeffries, Bennett and Forte.

A few mediocre seasons is the best we’ve had in a lifetime.  Thats going to change. 

Agree on both. Poles isn't going to put Williams out there with Hester, Knox and Bennett level talents and try to run the Greatest Show of Turf, nor does it seem he will allow for complete incompetency on defense like Emery. I just hope Eberflus and Waldron are up to the task or Poles is able to quickly make the change to someone who is (Johnson from DET is still my guy). Eberflus proved he is at least a real HC to me last year, and if he is keeping the defensive playcalling duties I am much more in line with keeping him than otherwise. Bears are in a great spot, just have to not screw it up at this point. 

• Like 1

FaizSports Talk said we have the best receiving group in the NFL.  I looked around a little bit, and I think he might be right.  In 3 years, Poles gave us the best receiving group....on paper.....   Just wow man....  that guy is awesome...  

I used to watched the Bears' games being scared.... now I think we can win...lolz ahhahahaa🤣😂😁

The potential of the offense even this year is pretty astounding.  There isn't a single skill position where we lack an impact player or even two and Poles did a nice job of filling in some gaps with a guy like Everett and even bringing back Pettis whose not a bad guy to have as a #4 or #5 WR and ST/PR guy.

Even the RB room looks better with Swift.  Herbert, if Poles doesn't trade him, has always been more efficient as a complimentary RB and I think we can expect Johnson to step up more this year.  He's the tough yardage guy who can block and catch and loves his role as "the other RB" just like he had at TX.

Once CW can get locked in with the offense and his receivers I believe we finally have an offense that can average 30 points per game and take a lot of pressure off the defense with some sustained drives that end in TD not FG.  It should be the best offense we've seen here in a very long time.

I looked around out there, people are excited about the Bears' offense.  I'm feeling good man lolz ahahaha🤣

Best WR group in the NFL...  Top 3 Offense in the NFC.... man ...  I can't wait to start the season ahahaha😁