Early predictions: Who is QB1 come week one?

Who wins the starting QB Job?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the starting QB Job?

On 9/25/2024 at 3:27 AM, LongJonSilver said:

After seeing some film

Minshew looks scared to make a mistake to me. I think we're emphasizing mistake-free football to the point the fight is out of him. It's been said before but he needs to be turned loose.

Better yet, give AOC a shot. AOC was playing to win.

Our Receivers are our talent. Get em the ball or go home.

We've seen it throughout Minshew's career, he's not going to have success when you ask him to be a high volume passer.

In his career wins he has averaged 24 attempts per game, in his career losses he has averaged 33 attempts per game.

He's 9-19 in games he has had 30+ attempts and 7-5 in games with under 30 attempts.

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We've seen it throughout Minshew's career, he's not going to have success when you ask him to be a high volume passer.

In his career wins he has averaged 24 attempts per game, in his career losses he has averaged 33 attempts per game.

He's 9-19 in games he has had 30+ attempts and 7-5 in games with under 30 attempts.

'Turning him loose' does not in any way mean throwing it 30+ times. And frankly, it also doesn't mean letting GM do whatever hair-brained **** he wants. Just a few loosening turns of the thumb-screws we have on him for any one particular play. GM seems to be passing up open WRs, plying it safe and taking sacks he should not.

On the other hand, he is not throwing a lot of INTs either, so SOME discipline is doing some good here.

Minshew also threw 38 passes vs Baltimore, and that went ok. So he's capable of having a decent, if not spectacular game in this system throwing the ball.

I would say 30+ passes are usually not going to come up unless we can't run the ball. If the run game straightens out, it seems to me 30+ isn't needed. 

Edited by LongJonSilver