OTA, Mini Camp and Training Camp Discussion

Acgott

On 8/9/2024 at 8:36 AM, minutemancl said:

After preseason week 1, this is my initial predicted 53:

QB: Daniel Jones, Drew Lock, Tommy Devito (3)

RB: Devin Singletary, Tyrone Tracy, Eric Gray, Turbo Miller (4)

WR: Malik Nabers, Darius Slayton, Jalin Hyatt, Wan'Dale Robinson, Isaiah McKenzie, Miles Boykin (6)

TE: Theo Johnson, Daniel Bellinger, Chris Manhertz, Lawrence Cager (4)

OT: Andrew Thomas, Jermaine Eluemunor, Joshua Miles Evan Neal (3)

iOL: John Michael Schmitz, Jon Runyan, Greg Van Roten, Josh Ezeudu, Aaron Stinnie (5)

(25)

iDL: Dexter Lawrence, Rakeem Nunez-Roches, Jordon Riley, Ryder Anderson, Elijah Chatman (5)

EDGE: Brian Burns, Kayvon Thibodeaux, Azeez Ojulari, Boogie Basham (4)

LB: Bobby Okereke, Dyontae Johnson, Micah McFadden, Darius Muasau, Isaiah Simmons, Carter Coughlin (6)

CB: Tae Banks, Dru Phillips, Cordale Flott, Nick McCloud, Tre Hawkins, Darnay Holmes (6)

S: Jason Pinnock, Dane Belton, Tyler Nubin, Gervarrius Owens (4)

(25)

K: Graham Gano

P: Jamie Gillen

LS: Casey Kreiter

(3)

PUP: Evan Neal

Made changes based on Evan Neal being activated off of PUP this week.

I think the biggest weak spots on the roster are iDL2 and CB2. At iDL, I think anybody that can fit in here should be a priority on the waiver wire. I'd bump out Ryder Anderson for a more veteran, more talented guy. I'd even prioritize signing someone there who can take at least some of the heat off of Dex. Nacho is not it.

At corner, it's slightly different. Either sign someone who can immediately play and start at CB2, or don't sign anyone, even off the waiver wire. If you want to try your luck with young talent, you have a ton of it already on the roster. Either give the young guys (Flott, McCloud, Tre) a shot at CB2, or sign an experienced vet. Don't go scouring the wire for another guy that is just like Flott/McCloud/Tre.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

At corner, it's slightly different. Either sign someone who can immediately play and start at CB2, or don't sign anyone, even off the waiver wire. If you want to try your luck with young talent, you have a ton of it already on the roster. Either give the young guys (Flott, McCloud, Tre) a shot at CB2, or sign an experienced vet. Don't go scouring the wire for another guy that is just like Flott/McCloud/Tre.

While it’s a small chance a cornerback that we sign off waivers will be the #2 CB, we definitely should keep trying. None of the above have separated themselves from the pack. If the 6th cornerback on another team is better than what we have, we should give it a chance.

Garrett Wilson dominated our secondary today. No major call outs with the rest of practice. Giants offense was a lot of short passes with a few drops, but I don’t think any interceptions.

On 8/21/2024 at 3:18 PM, Acgott said:

Garrett Wilson dominated our secondary today. No major call outs with the rest of practice. Giants offense was a lot of short passes with a few drops, but I don’t think any interceptions.

On another note, Nabers gave a really good interview with Evan and Tiki. Best he's given so far. Really revealing. A few notes:

-As far as his number, he said it has to be a single digit and has to be an even number. That's either 0, 2, 4, 6, or 8. 0 is taken by Burns and 8 is taken by DJ, so those are out. 4 is retired, so that's out. 2 is held by Lock, and 6 is held be Gillan and Bryce Ford-Wheaton. I would bet he negotiates to get 2 from Lock, ultimately. But really the only 2 options for him this year are either 2 or 6.

-He talked about his emotions and thoughts on draft night. He was entirely focused on the new offense, and going to the east coast, and learning a new playback, and seeing how the team would use him that he said he wasn't able to take in the moment and enjoy it with his family. That's why he came across like he did on draft night. Very introspective from him, and I relate 100% to him. It's hard to live in the moment and enjoy things for some people and sometimes, just in general. 

-He loves Dabs. He says Dabs will test him and throw new plays at him to see if he understands the concepts they've been teaching. 

-He's so, so confident. It's impressive. 

• Like 1