How Are They Doing?

Nex_Gen

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2024 at 9:21 AM, Daniel said:

OK, so I'd like some updates on my draft crushes:
Jackson Kirkland, OL

Kirkland was signed by the Bengals last year as a UDFA. He played reasonably well in camp and made the practice squad. He's competing for a backup role at guard or center. His competition is D'Ante Smith, Jackson Carman, and Cody Ford.  So he has a chance to make the 53. 

Edited by sparky151
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2024 at 3:54 PM, Nex_Gen said:

Tylan Wallace

Early injuries and higher drafted players prevented him from really ever being able to climb the depth chart, he's a great Special Teams player though. With OBJ and Duvernay gone in FA his primary competition for WR3/4 is Nelson Agholor and Rookie Devontez Walker. Wallace has strong hands, good body control, plus perimeter blocking and some ability after catch but might lack the overall juice to beat out other WRs for opportunity. 

On 5/21/2024 at 6:09 PM, Duluther said:

Poorly.

His biggest red flag was injuries, and sure enough, it’s caused a slow start for him. But beyond that, he’s just not been good. Over-aggressive and gets flagged or burned. 

Currently buried in the depth chart as a ~3rd stringer. Rumors are that’d he’s a pre-season cut candidate (alongside fellow draft cohort S Lewis Cine).

Both of them?  Ouch.  That was a tough draft for Qwesi.  At least he redeemed himself this year with what should prove to be a great one.

7 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I hated the pick when you took him. Reminded me a ton of a poor mans Kevin King. I don't know why the Vikings keep going for stiff hipped corners but they love them... I'm shocked Lewis Cine busted though.... I thought he had star potential. 

I have become very stiff-hipped myself since getting close to my 60th birthday.  I wonder if they would be interested in me?  My 40 time has to be well into the double digits, though, so that could be a bit of a problem.  xD

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Dawand Jones 

He looked pretty good in preseason last year. The starting RT got hurt early so Jones became a starter by default but played well, certainly better than Hudson or the alternatives. Then he got hurt. If he's healthy, he's the unquestioned Browns starter at RT.