Pittsburgh Draft City 2026

5 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Chicago did not have significant parking lots nearby to my knowledge but they do have trains that go everywhere about two blocks away.

Philly didn’t really have much parking either. I remember talking to someone at that one and they said the city and the NFL rather you not try to drive super close, instead they want you using a train or bus to get to the actual draft spot. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, warfelg said:

Philly didn’t really have much parking either. I remember talking to someone at that one and they said the city and the NFL rather you not try to drive super close, instead they want you using a train or bus to get to the actual draft spot. 

Yeah, there isnt anywhere significant to park downtown. I know the train goes from airport to Reading Terminal Market but dont know the experience beyond that

6 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Yeah, there isnt anywhere significant to park downtown. I know the train goes from airport to Reading Terminal Market but dont know the experience beyond that

Philly’s an odd town. The best things are in the oldest parts of the city so parking sucks. But then the Transit was build after all of that so it’s there, but it’s not close to anything. 

I think what hurts Pittsburgh in many ways is how limited the T is. It’s busiest movement is south side to downtown because that’s where so many people park then take it for free. 

I have seen the maps and know the plan was there at one time, and why it was given up on I have no clue. But it was supposed to go out to the airport with stops at Robinson and Carnegie. Going north was supposed to go to Sewickley with a branch to Cranberry. There was a branch supposed to go all the way to New Ken with stops in the Strip, Zoo, Oakmont. Going east was stops at Duquesne, Phipps Conservatory. And south to the Flats, Homestead, Kennywood. 

If that ever happened Pittsburgh would be such a different city today. 

• Like 1

The problem is the hotel space in Pittsburgh.  I remember the MLB all star game in 2006.  I worked at an awful hotel out near the airport at the time.  At the start of the shift we had to call 20-30 hotels in the area and ask for the rate of occupancy.  That was the only time every hotel was sold out.